Chapter 4: Unforseen

"Yell at me again sweetheart, and I'll give you a real reason to scream."

Taehyung flirtatiously remarked while biting his lips and wiggling his eyebrows.

(Y/N)'s mouth hang open... it took a moment for her to register his words before a disgusted frown spread across her features as she set her sight on the injured male.

For the past hour, the two had been bickering back and forth without a single break as their trust within each other was still uncertain. (Y/N) and Taehyung then came into a conclusion that the only way they could properly communicate was if their weapons were destroyed. Taehyung didn't waste his time to bend the metal knife, rendering it useless, as (Y/N) disassemble his gun and threw it on the trash.

(Y/N) sighed, her eyes dropping heavily from her sleepiness since it's currently three am in the morning. Taehyung too was in need of sleep from his long and exhausting day of being shot and fighting multiple men in a row, but he had to stay awake if the female does anything sketchy.

Due to her habit, (Y/N) bit her lips in frustration. She wanted to stay awake, but it was useless as each of her limb became heavy, heart now beating to a more peaceful beat. She glances at Taehyung who was covering his face with his two giant hands to mask his tiredness.

She can't leave him alone just yet.

Taehyung still haven't answer her questions that's been itching at the back of her neck.

Who is he? Why was he chased by those gangsters? Is he part of the mafia? Does he know anything about the explosion?

She have so many questions, but no answers to any of them.

"You should sleep," Taehyung said.

"Not until you answer my questions."

"You're persistent aren't you?"

"It's my job to be persistent," she answered blankly. She sauntered towards the single bed of the motel room, where Taehyung was laying, and sat on the edge. (Y/N) let her body plop down in the mattress, her face facing his feet, which Taehyung retracted back. (Y/N) chuckled at his bipolar demeanor. Earlier he was threatening her with his gun and now he's acting like an embarrassed puppy.

Nevertheless, this doesn't mean she should put her guard down. For all she knows, Taehyung might be just faking this so when she lets her guard down, he could take advantage of her.

(Y/N) bit her lips again in a subconscious manner from her annoying thoughts.

"If you bite your lips one more time, I'm going to do it for you."

"PFT as if you would."

"Are you challenging me that I wouldn't bite your lips? Cause sweetheart, I might be injured but that doesn't mean I don't have the energy to get your underneath me," Taehyung purred in a smooth tone, locking his obsidian eyes with (Y/N)'s as they held a mischievous and naughty spark in them along with a promising confirmation that he's definitely not joking.

(Y/N) sat there defenseless, her cheeks burning hotter than the surface of the sun. She quickly looked away and was prepared to stand up, but Taehyung caught her waist and placed her underneath him.

"What are you doing?!?" (Y/N) covered her lips with both of her hands just in case Taehyung would actually bite them.

"Putting you underneath me, what do you think I'm doing?" He chuckled at her flustered state. He leans closer to her face, arms trapping the female underneath him, and whispered, "are you still doubting my words?"