Chapter 2: Bark Bark Bitch

"Listen bitch, I'm trying my hardest to be polite as I possibly can, so please, in the name of the gods, shut your trap!"

(Y/N) stares at her coworker's smug face.

Jaehyun smiles, further pushing (Y/N)'s patience on the edge to have some fun.

"No."

"No?!" (Y/N) rubs her temple, growling from Jaehyun's unwillingness to stay quiet.

She groans out loud as she felt her terrible hangover washing all over her system. It's as if experiencing a hangover wasn't bad enough, Jaehyun came prancing inside of their shared offices with a smile plastered on his face, boasting about getting promoted a higher position in their company, Big Hit Media.

(Y/N) could care less, she's only working at one of the most prestigious media outlet (yeah no biggie for her at all) to provide herself a financially stable income that could meet the standard of her overpriced apartment along with her monthly groceries and other necessities.

Being the "Shadow" was merely a side job of hers and working at this media outlet supplies her the tools she needs such as access to invite-only parties and so much more.

"Why, Jaehyun-ah, whyyyy?" She groans one last time.

"Being fuck you, that's why!" Jaehyun smiles, pinching her chubby cheeks and made a quick exit before (Y/N) could beat his ass.

"HEY DON'T RUN AWAY FROM ME NOW YOU FUC—"

"Where is (Y/N)?" A female's voice cut (Y/N) off.

Jessi.

Ahh sweet Jessi.

She was a tall and thin, long limb woman who's legs looks like it takes ninety percent of her whole body. Her skin was tan and glowing underneath the morning light. She had her thick lengthy hair tied back in a sleek and clean high pony-tail.

Of course, Jessi being Jessi, she held her head high, waltzing towards a certain direction in an effortless saunter. They've been working together for while, but (Y/N) can never get use to the clicking of her heels that echoes throughout the room.

The clicks is like a morning alarm that cockle doodle doos in the middle of the most wonderful dream where you're kissing your idol you'll never get.

Jessi's eyes scanned the room with determination in search of (Y/N) and when her eyes met with her's, Jessi smiles and hastened her speed towards her direction.

"Did a bird create a nest on your hair, (Y/N)?" Jessie laughs.

"No, but a bird did poop on your face, Jess. Your foundation is lighter than your actual skin tone again," (Y/N) retorted as she rolls her eyes in a playful manner.

"You know how hard it is to find a matching foundation in this country. They ain't appreciating melanin enough," Jessi scoffs, pulling an extra chair and sat next to her best friend.

"You do have a point."

"Of course I have a point. Hey, where the hell were you last night (Y/N)? Called you like a billion times, but you didn't answer. My flat ass was hella worried for you girl."

"Drinking..." (Y/N) quietly answers. She hangs her head low and a small frown appeared on her lips. "And thinking."

"Thinking about what?" Jessi has almost forgotten that it hasn't even been two weeks since Jimin died. She mentally slapped herself. "Ow never mind. Sorry..."

(Y/N) inwardly chuckles at her friend.

"Anyways, there's a good story downtown. Heard there were some gang, mafia, whatever shit there is, going down there. Some say that the people down there is involved with the explosion," Jessie informs. The moment (Y/N) heard the word "explosion", her ears were all directed to her best friend. "I went there and wanted to talk to the people but they were annoying as fuck. Is it just me or are people becoming more annoying or am I just getting angrier?"