chapter 4

Dawn's pov

She went to grab my mate off my back with her mouth and he whined. I spun around and my snarled aggressively at her. She got down in a surrendering position and looked at me confusion and fear written on her face.

"Go to my pack house" I ordered her. "When I can I'll tell you, but never try to grab this fox again" I growled the last part. She stood up and ran off without a word and I sighed.

I kept walking and noticed my mate was really quiet. I turned my head to the side and looked at him. He was staring into space and looked at me. His stomach growled and I took notice on how skinny he was. I stopped and sat down. He slid off me and looked up at me. I picked him up by his scruff and hid him in a fallen log. He looked at me with curiosity and tilted his head to the side. I rubbed against the log to mask his scent and motioned for him to stay here.

Lucas's pov

My mate motioned for me to stay here and then she ran off. I began to freak out.

"Hey! Calm down" Sprint exclaimed and I whined. "Where's she going!? Is she gonna come back!?" I shouted. "She's our mate! Of course she'll come back" he said. "But what if she doesn't come back in time and Alpha Blake catches us!" I yelled and Sprint growled. "We aren't even in his territory anymore! And she covered up our scent with hers!" he exclaimed and I calmed down.

I laid still in the log and about ten minutes later my mate came trotting up. My tail starting thumping and then I noticed she had three dead rabbits in her mouth. She dropped the rabbits and raised me out of the log. She sat me down and laid down in front of me. I looked at the rabbits and looked back at her. She flicked her ear and nugged the biggest rabbit towards me. She pushed it in front of me with her nose and looked at me. I tore into the rabbits soft flesh and the warm blood flowed over my tongue.

     I yapped happily and scarffed up the rabbit in breath taking time. She nugged another rabbit towards me and took the last one as her own. I ate the other one and looked up. She wasn't even half way done. She crunched a bone and glanced at me. She tore off a hind leg and nugged the rest at me. I wagged my tail and started eating.

Dawn's pov

I watched my mate eat and wagged my tail. I was happy because he had a strong appetite. I crunched on the rabbit leg bone and ate it. I sat up and licked my paws clean while my mate finished eating. When he got done eating he put his head in his paws. I walked over to him and leaned down. He surprised me by licking me under my eye. I looked up at the sky and it was filled with stars. I yawned it's probably about 9:00pm........ My mate yawned and looked at me, his eye half closed. I picked him up by his scruff and moved him gently.

      I laid him down beside a evergreen tree with low hanging branches. He curled up in a ball and hid his face in his tail. I laid down to the side of him, basically making it to where you can't see him. I kept my head up, because well wolves are nocturnal and werewolves are a bit too.

Lucas's pov

I peeked out from behind my tail, expecting to see my mate curled up and ready for sleep, but she had her head up and alert. She's still protecting me? She's worried about me......

"No shit Sherlock. She wants us to be okay, healthy, happy, and safe" Sprint said and I got an idea. "Then she would fell better if she new we were close right?" I asked Him. "Uhhhh yeah...?" he said unsure.

I raised my head up and scooted to her. I scooted to her side and she jumped slightly. She looked down at me and I nuzzled myself in her side. I looked up at her and she looked at me, her silver eyes shining in the moonlight. The moon shining on my slick black fur, making her look so deadly, yet so majestic. She looked away and I felt her curl her tail, protectively around me. I smiled on the inside and tucked my head in my tail. I wonder what she looks like when she's not in wolf form.... How does she act...... How does she treat her pack...... Does she have siblings..... I felt her looking at me and her tail got a bit tighter around me when I shivered a bit.

Dawn's pov

I looked at my mate and tightened my tail slightly when he shivered. I felt so sorry for him.....he had to go through all that pain.... I wish I had tore that pathetic excuse for an alpha apart!

"It's okay....it's okay dawn, because we have our mate now and will protect him with our life" Nova said calmly but I could tell she was pissed off at alpha Blake too. "I won't let anyone else hurt him, and if someone does.....they will pay the price" I told her and she agreed. "It's cool though.....that our mate is the only fox shifter know to be alive...." I said and she agreed. "Yes, he is very special" she said with a dreamy sigh.

My eyelids began to feel heavy and I yawned. I wrapped my body around my small mate and laid my head on my tail. My mate shifted and rested his head on my neck. I fell asleep listening to his soft snores and the wind. I woke up in the middle of the night and it was sprinkling rain. Good thing I moved us under this tree.... The tree was so thick that only a drop or two hit us every once in a while. My mate shifted against me and buried himself in my fur. He made a sound of satisfaction and if i was in human form I would he blushing.

      Instead, my fur puffed up slightly and I made a quiet embrassed wolf noise. I raised my head up and sniffed. I didn't smell anything that would be a danger and I laid my head back down. I fell back to sleep.

____________________________________

Dude this chapter sux😂😂😂

How many animals y'all got?

If you got one/some what kind are they?