chapter five

Dawn's pov

I felt a shift beside me and opened my eyes slightly. I yawned and looked at my mate. He looked at me shyly and buried his head in my warm fur. I licked him between his ears and his fur puffed up around his face. I stood up and he whined softly. I liked around and saw that the sun was just then coming up. I sniffed his injured leg and growled lowly. I walked away from him a couple paces and sniffed around. He watched me the whole time and yawned. I walked back over to him and picked Him up. I placed him on my back and walked off.

      I walked through the woods for about seven more hours and I caught the scent of my boarders for my territory. My tail started wagging and I kept walking. I got to my pack broader and crossed it. I howled loudly and startled my mate. I turned my head and licked his forearm saying 'sorry'. I howled louder and longer the next time. I pricked up my ears and my tail wagged harder when members of my pack howled back. I howled one final time telling my pack not to crowd me and they howled back an okay. I kept walking and saw my pack house. I saw my pack members looking out their windows and walking around but none came up to me.

      I nodded at them and walked up to my pack house. I opened the door with my mouth and walked in. My sister ran up to me but I growled at her to stay back. I bypassed her and went up to the room that I stay in when I stay in the pack house. I don't live in my pack house, because I have a house in the woods not far from the pack house. I walked up the stairs and pushed open the door with my nose. I got in the closed the door with my nose and sar down. My mate slid off my back and onto the carpet. I ran into my closet and shifted.

Lucas's pov

My mate ran into the closet and I looked around. This is a nice room...... I sniffed the air and my eyes widened. THIS IS HER ROOM. I heard a thump and looked towards the closet. A girl walked out of the closet and my jaw hit the floor. She had long, dark brown, wavy hair, long legs and a slender build. She walked over to me and I tried backing up, even though I felt the mate pull. She stopped and sat down on the floor, in a Chris-criss position. "Hey....look at my eyes....." she said in a soothing voice. I looked up at her eyes and my blue ones widened. Her eyes were a silver color with diamond shaped pupils.

"Our mate is beautiful in human form too!" Sprint exclaimed. "Yeah.....she is...." I sighed dreamily.

I scooted towards her and she picked me up gently and placed me in her lap, being careful with my injuries. She stroked my fur in a calming manner. "Well this is me in human form....." she said in a weird tone that I signaled out as insecurity. I looked up at her and stretched up. I licked her on the cheek and she blushed a adorable light red. "I guess you like it" she giggled and I wagged my tail. She petted me for a while longer and I took it all in, because every time she touched my fur, tingles ran down and up my spine, the good kind! She stopped petting me and I looked up at her.

     "Mate, will you allow me to take you to the infirmary to get your injuries fixed up?" She asked softly and I wagged my tail when she called me mate, because it made both me and Sprint happy. I thought it over I do need to get my leg fixed and I need to get bandaged up..... I nodded at her and she removed me from her lap. I whined from the loss of contact and missed the tingles from touching her already. She smiled and stood up. She bent over and picked me up gently. She held me securely and protectively to her chest and my fur puffed up. Don't think about what your touching. Don't think about what your touching. Don't think about what your touching. Don't think about what your touching...... And your thinking about it, you fucking perv. I was brought away from my thoughts when she opened her door. She walked down the stairs and a girl that looked a bit like my mate looked worriedly at her. I sniffed the air so that's her sister! Her sister ran up to us and I flinched. My mate noticed this and growled at her sister. Her sister stopped and looked confused at us. I was so surprised that my mate growled at her sister over me! That pathetic, little, weak, fox shifter!

"It shows how much she already cares for us" Sprint said smugly.

Mate walked out of her pack house and to a large white building not very far from her pack house. Her sister followed us close behind and we walked into the building. A female werewolf walked up to us but stayed about six feet from us. My mate smiled at that "hello Charlie. I need a little help" she said and the female werewolf smiled softly. "Well of course, Alpha Dawn. Right this way" Charlie said and my mate breathed out a sigh of relief. "Thank you Charlie" my mate said and my eyes widened.

    She's giving one of her pack gratitude? My mate is awesome! We walked down a hall and into a dark purple room with a large hospital bed. "Haha yeah, this is my recovery room....I didn't want one but Charles mate threatened to get my mom after me so I had to listen" my mate told me and my mouth opened. Ya learn something knew everyday.....