Destiny's POV

The morning sunlight shone through the cabins small window and hit my face and woke me from a deep sleep. I smiled as I saw that Damon had spent the night with me and had watched over me and made sure that I was safe. I gently kissed his cheek and a small smile played on the edges of his lips but his eyes remained closed; I pouted and got up and found the small kitchen. I felt my waist get cold as i saw Damon's arms wrap around me; i smiled and turned around to kiss him. The cold of his lips against the warmth of mine sent a tingling sensation down my back. Damon and i pulled apart and I began rummaging through the cupboards looking for any type of food that was not past expiry. i ended up finding a pack of unopened  crackers and a half eaten jar of peanut butter; I giggled as Damon's cold fingers tried to get some peanut butter that got stuck on my nose. He gave up with a sigh and looked down at the dusty hardwood floor of the kitchen.

"Promise me something.''

     He whispered softly; I nodded and looked at him intently.

"Promise not to fall in love with me."

        I stared at Damon, shock filled my face and I felt my heart squeeze as I dropped my gaze to the table so that he could not see the tears that had began to run down my cheeks.

"If that is what you want...''

        I whispered softly so that he could not hear the hurt in my voice. I picked up the peanut butter and the crackers and put them away before I turned away from Damon and headed back to the small bedroom. I shut the door hoping that Damon would get the jest that I didn't want him to be around me for awhile. I lay on the bed staring at the speckled white ceiling.

'Why does the world have to be so cruel to me?'

        I thought to myself.

'Why can't something just go right for once?'

        I rolled over and faced the wall as a flood of tears began to race down my cheeks. Damon had no right to kiss me or hold me if he had not wanted me to fall for him... I rolled over again and took the journal from underneath the pillow and skimmed the pages until my eyes landed on a name that made my jaw drop. It told me how the experiment had failed multiple times and that the test subject had been terminated... Somehow I felt that the Damon that the book was referring to was the same Damon as the one that I had found in the woods. I placed the journal back under the pillow just as Damon had floated through the door. I turned away from him so that he would know that I was still hurt by what he had said. He lightly sat on the bed and waited patiently.

''Please don't cry Destiny... There is a fair reason why we can't love each other...''

        His voice trailed off and he looked down. I sighed and turned to look at him and I saw half of his face through his long hair; he had a sad smile playing on the edge of his lips.

''I want to tell you something Destiny... It may freak you out but it's true and well I think you deserve to know the truth... Are you willing to listen?"

        I nodded and silently waited for him to begin his story.

''I was once  pregnant... i know that it sounds impossible but i fellin love with a demon and he promised me the world and then one day without realizing it i had gotten sick and I had noticed that I was gaining weight at a rapid pace.That was the day that Dylan had told me that I was pregnant... i thought that he was playing a prank on me until his father paid us a visit and he ended up storming out and returning later in a great swoop and somehow made me miscarry the baby... i know this seems like it has nothing to do with you but this does because Dylan is your father. I can feel the demon blood coursing through your veins and i think that is why i am attracted to you... I am sorry for having feelings for you even though I shouldn't... You deserved to know.''

        I laid back and sighed. My head felt like someone had just smashed it into a brick wall a dozen times.

''So you are telling me that you dated my father... Well okay then... That is not a big surprise because I read it in my fathers journal... He talked about the way you kept miscarrying and that you had been terminated... I'm sorry''

        Damon's eyes refused to meet mine as i gazed up at him. A sudden overwhelming sense of sadness had entered the small bedroom and seemed to take all the warm air with it; leaving just a cold dread behind. Suddenly Damon's lips were on mine hard and fast and he had his fingers running through my hair... I gasped and pulled away.

"Damon! I actually felt your fingers in my hair..''

        He looked at me shocked and tried it again but his fingers slipped through me as if I weren't even there. I sighed and looked down.

''What is happening to my life...?''

        I whispered softly as I closed my eyes. I heard Damon sigh as he got up and he turned to leave.

''Maybe you should go home... they might be able to help figure out what's wrong with you.''

        He whispered before he floated through the door. I sighed and ignored his last comment until it hit me... Maybe Damon had been right if I went home Arthur and Alex might be able to help me find my demon father and he can tell me what is the matter with me. I got off the bed and opened the bedroom door and walked into the front hall where my shoes were. I sighed looking back at the small cabin and it felt like i was leaving home behind even though I had just found it yesterday. I bit my lip and decided to run back to the bedroom and grab one last thing before I left. With the item in hand and a determined look on my face I opened the door and started towards home. I found my way home a lot easier in the day light then I had the night before... I sighed as i neared the house because i knew that i was going to be in a lot of trouble when i got inside. I slowed as i saw Arthur standing at the door way holding the kitchen door open; when he caught sight of me he ran out and wrapped his arms around me and dragged me back into the house. I smiled as i entered the house because I could feel that  the other man that was standing in the kitchen was my father... I just got that sort of feeling that told me that he was. Arthur guided me to the table and I sat down and stared at my father, soaking in every little feature about him, like his unearthly good looks and the way he held himself screamed leader of the Underworld.

''You are my real father... I can feel the power around you and I can see that you are the true ruler of the Underworld.''

        I saw the change on my fathers face as he stepped closer to Arthur and touched his cheek. Arthur dropped to the floor and smashed his head off of the floor and that's when i noticed the broken pieces of vase and the blood slowly seeping out of the back of Arthur's head... I felt a scream bubble up in my throat and before I knew it I passed out.