Chapter 9

POV: Xisuma
Word Count: 711
_____

Meanwhile

Xisuma ran from his hiding spot behind his base into the large hall of his bee farm still too shocked to register what had just happened. To his uncanny surprise, there was a small pile of shulker boxes stacked on the concrete floor. He hastily opened them to find the items he lost from the obsidian trap, maybe a little wet, but together and safe. He read the signs that accompanied the boxes and was instantly curious, who was Grian working with? 

Because Grian hardly could have made that level of Redstone all by himself, He thought, plus, he wouldn't have had the time to collect my stuff and write out these signs!

His heart beating fast and mind still racing, he equipped his soggy elytra, mined up his shulker boxes, and headed back over to the witch farm, to disassemble the remnants of the trap. To once again his surprise, the trap had already been dismantled.

Turning away from the sludgy swamp, and back to his base, he decided to skip taking the nether, to avoid meeting other people on his way back. He thought about the button game, how it was less crowded nowadays and he might have a chance at getting an orange belt, (or robe,) but he pushed the thought to the back of his mind.

As he flew over the open plains biome, he saw the outline of what was soon to be Iskall's Industrial District. The oak trees and many-coloured flowers swayed in the slight evening breeze. The day was almost over, so Xisuma decided that he would AFK by his squid farm, in his mildly redundant AFK Tower.

After flying through the open wall into the room on top of the tower, he slumped down against the wall and watched the setting crimson sun descending below the canopy of the jungle trees. It looked almost picturesque. 

X's hands reached up to pull off his helmet, but he hesitated. He quickly glanced around the corners of the building, to make sure no one was watching behind his back, and with some difficulty, managed to pull off his helmet.

It felt so good, after who knows how long having finally felt the wind on his face and the breeze in his hair. He scooted over to the ledge and was blown away at how different the world looked, without looking through a sheet of polarized purple stained glass.

The trees were such a more vivid green, and he noticed how different the shadows that were cast by his towers looked; they were darker and sharper. The setting sun reflected off the glass and the honey in the block palette used in his buildings, and the first stars were appearing in the deep red sky.

Xisuma looked down at the heavy, metal helmet in his lap and stared at his reflection. He was taken aback at how pale he looked. His untidy hair swayed in the breeze as he stared off into the distance at the last few seconds of this beautiful, cool evening before it snapped into a sunny, warm late morning again.

Disgruntled, he crammed his helmet back onto his head as he took out his communicator. To no one's surprise, the latest chat message read,

<BDoubleO100 went to bed. Sweet Dreams!>

So, he responded with a,

>Xisumavoid: Bdubs!

>Xisumavoid: I was stargazing!

>BDoubleO100: Hehe, sorry dude...

He ungracefully jumped down onto the hard dirt below the tower. Pain shot up through his legs as he realised he had forgotten to equip his armour.

Xisuma flinched upon hearing a rustle in the bushes. He spun his head and saw a little bit of bright red showing through the bushes. Thinking Grian was spying on him or something, he yelled and dragged himself away, before realising it was just a red parrot.

"Pesky Bird!" He shouted, taking a leaf out of Grian's book and shooting it with his bow and arrow. His aim was poor from panic, so the arrow missed and hit a tree, splitting the bark upon impact with the sharp piece of flint.

Now a little mad, he massaged his leg and hopped into the portal, flying the remainder of the journey to the Cowmercial District to restock his honey shop.