13

the friends sat at the back of kiaras family's restaurant, sitting around to calm down after everything they just happened.

"look, he'll come around, he's just doing a JJ thing" john b said to his friends, who couldn't get stop worrying about the boy.

"you think he'll go home?" ki asked

"there's a zero percent chance JJ goes home" pope said

"you okay?" john b asked his girlfriend who sat across from him, nodding her head in response.

hailee sat further from the group but she was still around them, her mind overflowing of thoughts of JJ. she just wanted to make sure he was okay. she needed to talk to him as soon as she could.

"okay, it's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal, so our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it. we can hide it in a safe, or something, until we find somewhere safe to do something with it, somewhere where we aren't gonna get ripped off" pope said, everyone nodding their heads in agreement.

"i'll go home and figure it out and we can be fmdown there as early as tomorrow morning" pope said

"alright, let's do it" john b said

"what about that thing with my dad?" sarah said to him.

"what thing?" pope asked

"i... have to go fishing with ward tomorrow morning" john b sighed.

"seriously? your just gonna forget about the 400mil just to go kill some fish?" ki asked

"are you kidding me? make something up!" ki said

"i can't! okay! i have too, ward saved me remember. if it wasn't for him, i'd be in foster care right now" h sighed.

"anyway, it'll be better to do at night...right?" he shrugged.

"fine. hopefully JJ would've washed up by then" kiara said

"your awfully quiet back there hails, you okay?" pope asked

"justttt peachy" she rolled her eyes.

"you can't still be hung up on what JJ said, right?" john b asked

"he wasn't wrong though." she shrugged.

"here we go" he sighed.

"seriously?" she said

"what?! he was just angry?! the boy barely can love himself, what makes you think he loves you?" john b said, hailees heart dropping, everyone noticing her change of emotion.

"good one JB" pope said

"your a real asshole, you know" she said

"rae, i didn't mean it like that" he sighed

"of course you didn't. i'm just any other one of your fucks ups in your life you have the fix up, no matter how hard it hurts me, you've just gotten over whatever happened between us and kicked me to the dirt. just like JJ said. not a word that left his word then wasn't a lie. now you've just moved on like that" she said clicking her finger, standing up and kicking her chair in anger.