-04-

-6 months ago-

Kageyama: Love, I've been calling you for hours!

Kageyama exasperatingly nagged as soon as the call connected.

Kageyama: What were you even doing? Are you busy? It's already 4 in the afternoon over there, right? I thought your shift ended 2 hours ago?

Hinata breathe first before answering the series of question thrown on to him. He was used to this and his day had been too fun for a simple nag to ruin.

Hinata: Sorry love... I forgot my phone here in my room, and I got caught up playing volley earlier with Heitor and the foreigners we met. Hehe gomen. Uhm... By the way, what is it, love?

Kageyama: Oh, okay. I'm sorry too. I was just so excited and anxious to let you know.

Hinata: It's fine. And what about it?

Kageyama: I have good news for you. Adlers is having a 1-week tryout next week since we're recruiting new players. Isn't it great?

Hinata: Oh, that's good news, love. You'll have new team members! That's totally great, but uhm.. what does it have to do with me though?

The man on the other side of the phone suddenly lose his enthusiasm.

Kageyama: Aren't you excited? You will be playing with me again. Didn't you promise me last time that you'll be coming home?

Hinata: Love... Uhm... How should I say this?...
I won't be coming back yet. I haven't explored much of my abilities here, and this is supposedly a surprise for you but I'll be telling you about it now. Next month, I'll be entering the beach volley competition and this time, I'm pretty sure I can ace it. Hahaha

There was silence on the other side and somehow, the sudden awkward atmosphere irked Hinata.

Hinata: ...love... Yuhoo...

Kageyama: So does that mean you're choosing that beach volleyball than being in a team with me? Love, you promised me!

Hinata: love... Please understand. I've been waiting for this game season for a comeback. Love, pretty please?

Hinata even tried to sound cute just for Kageyama to allow him to stay.

For the years he had stayed in Brazil, he's been entering the summer beach volleyball competition.

In his 1st year, he never made it to the 2nd round since the feel of the sand was different from the hard floored gym he's used to, his control has encountered a lot of difficulties due to the direction of the wind and the sunlight often distracts them while playing, and lastly his techniques for beach volley hasn't developed yet. He might have been known to be very swift on an indoor volleyball, but beach volley was a different one. So he trained his muscles as well as his ball control which gained him a good result. He also practiced well how to receive in which he was very weak because in playing beach volley, there are only two players on each side of the court. He cannot depend all the receiving from his team mate.

Just last year, due to his improvement they reached until the final round where he also gained his name ninja Shoyo; a name he got due to his fast reflexes and swift movements, but sadly it wasn't enough because they lost it due to a sudden blast of wind. That's why this year, he wanted to try again since he knew he's sure, he finally can.

Hinata: Love...

Kageyama: No. Please also do understand me Hinata, I want to be with you too. I've waited for years already, but if you're not showing efforts of wanting to be with me also, what's the point of still having this relationship? Hinata, listen to me, I booked you a flight in advance because I thought you'd immediately say yes. If tomorrow eve you're not in the airport, I'll consider it that you really don't care about me and we broke up.