Nezu

Aizawa couldn't just cancel classes. 

He knew his student wasn't in a good state and didn't want him to go through the school day with it, but it also wasn't like him to call out on short notice. He usually gave weeks in advance. But with the news of Midoriya being abused and suicidal, going to class wasn't a good option. And-

Wait where was Midoriya?

Okay, this wasn't supposed to happen. Aizawa wasn't supposed to lose the kid, he was supposed to help and support the problem child, but instead Midoriya vanished. Aizawa threw on clothing that was suitable and checked the little device that made sure the students weren't kidnapped or killed. 

Midoriya was neither. He was in class. Well, there goes the plan of keeping him away from school for a while. Aizawa quickly threw shoes on and made his way towards his classroom.

When he got there, majority of his devil children were there. He looked at the time and nodded to himself, this was a good time to get everyone in their seats and paying attention. He'd have to just keep watch on the kid and talk to him later. 

------------------------

Everything was going okay so far. Aizawa had gone off plan and took them out to the field behind the school so they could mess around with their quirks a little bit. He was doing rounds, scared the kids who weren't doing what they were supposed to, and by the time he had gotten to Midoriya, it was nearly time to head back into the building. But something wasn't right. 

He looked at the kid from a distance, having not yet moved from where he was evaluating Uraraka. He breathing was heavy and hands were gripping his hair. He edged closer, and by the looks of it, the kid was in the midst of a panic attack. So, like a normal parent would, he rushed over to Midoriya and went to help the situation. Of course, Uraraka being one of the observant ones, noticed Aizawa leave and go to Midoriya, except she also saw something was wrong. 

"Deku! Hey are you oka-" Aizawa shushed the girl and brought his attention to the green headed teen standing in front of him. 

"Midoriya, can you hear me?" Midoriya nodded slowly. The hands gripping his hair tightened, as if to try to ground himself with something. Aizawa fought the tightly gripped hands and pulled them into his own. "I need you to listen to me okay? I want you to list five things you can see." Aizawa spoke slow, letting the kid process what he was hearing bit by bit. "The um.." A shaky voice spoke, tiny and scared. "Mom-" Aizawa eyes widened a bit. He put his hand on Izuku's cheek. "No, Izuku, you are at UA. You are standing on the quirk assessment test grounds. Your mother is not here, just me and your classmates. You're not in any danger." Except lack of oxygen from hyperventilating, but Aizawa didn't say that last part out loud. 

Izuku nodded and tried to take a breath. He gasped and coughed. "It's okay Midoriya, you are safe. Now, can you name  five things you can see?" Midoriya slowly looked around. "Y-You, um... the ground" Midoriya paused to breath. Struggling to take a full breath. "My s-shoes. The sky..." He stopped once more to try to regain air and strength "dirt" Aizawa smiled at him. "Good job Midoriya, now can you name me four things you can touch." He said, trying to make his voice as smooth as possible. "Y-You're hands..." Midoriya's eyes widened "Her hands-". "Midoriya, look at me, you're not there, it's okay, you're okay" Aizawa watched as Izuku readjusted himself. "My hair...my shoes." He paused to think "The air" Aizawa chuckled. "Very good. Now, three things you can hear." Midoriya's breathing was slowing down "me breathing" the boy cruelly smiled at that. "people using their quirks...and your breathing." Aizawa nodded. "Two things you can smell." Midoriya sniffed the air. "Fire and..." He glanced at his teacher as if in an accusing way. "Coffee." Aizawa smirked. "Now, one thing you can taste." Izuku quirked his eyebrows. "dry." Shouta breathed out of his nose in an almost laughing manner. Midoriya mumbled a thanks as Aizawa stood from the kneeling position he was in. The mentor nodded. "Make sure you come see me after school though. You're not in trouble problem child, just wanna talk." He added the last part when he saw Midoriya's eyes blow open. 

Aizawa watched the teen nod before round up the rest of his class. He watched Uraraka run over to Midoriya, then the child give his friend a smile and brushed it off. The brunette looked hesitant to let it go, but when she saw she wasn't going to get anything out of him, she let it go.

The adult out of the group walked with the children he taught back to the classroom after the fairly large group changed out of their gym clothing. After the group left his class, he walked to Nezu's office. He sat himself down once he was requested to enter. 

"Tea?" Aizawa shook his head at the principal's request. "No, actually, I came here to discuss an important matter, and not that weird show you made me watch" "you know you liked it" "That sounded weird." Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose and continued. "No it's about Izuku Midoriya, one of my students." Nezu sat, suddenly very interested in the conversation. "I would like to file a case for one of our students being abused..." Aizawa looked away from Nezu's piercing eye contact. Nezu frowned. "Midoriya?" Shouta nodded. "He's also suicidal. I found him on the roof two nights ago, he was about to take his own life." Aizawa paused. "It was when I brought him back to my room in the dorms when he accidentally spilled it to me. There is physical proof if you need it." Nezu stopped Aizawa. "No, I don't need it. Although the authorities that get involved may. Thank you Aizawa, but I have to ask, what are you planning on doing with Mr. Midoriya." Aizawa paused. "I'm not sure yet, but if no one can take him in, I know I'm not letting him go into foster care."

"That's for certain."