CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO: TARGET LOCKED - THE MAN BEHIND THE HOUSE OF KINGS

Exposé Magazine is one of the most controversial magazines there are and it is headed by the smartest and scariest bosses in the industry. The magazine publishing company is not only known for its controversial celebrities and personalities content but it is known better for its trademark-publishing only the in-dept facts about the latest showbiz scandals.

That's what Luis has been used to-working with celebrities and personalities' scandals and that is also his current actual problem. The challenge he accepted despite all the second, third, endless thoughts he had does not involve a scandal. It involves a man... He hopes he could say it simple involves "just" a man but it doesn't.

Juan Miguel King.

The name everyone knows about but knows nothing about the actual man himself. A mere name that is enough to make him tremble. Now, that's his whole challenge about. Provide everyone everything they want to know about the man.

His phone rings, reminding him that he has to get all the files ready now.

"Here, it is, Sir Luis. It's quite easy to find since it went really viral." Erika grins and send him the link of the video he asked for.

Luis smiles and thanks her. "Sorry to bother you for this, Miss Erika."

"Oh, it's not a bother at all! I must say though, I really loved replaying that video because damn! Who wouldn't want to just spend their time staring at such a fine man? It would have been more perfect if that man knows how to smile." Erika even giggles dreamy. "If you need anything that involves that gorgeous of a man, don't forget to tell me, Sir Luis, okay?"

He thanked her again and proceeded on continuing his initial research.

Of course, he also watched this before. A countless of times, too, that he needed to block it from his social media accounts so he wouldn't see it again. That his reason why he needed his officemate's help in finding again.

Exactly six months ago, this particular video crashed the internet and went viral the moment it was posted and involves nonother than his "target".

Juan Miguel King first ever public appearance in an event. Dangerously dashing in his Burberry jet black coat and pants with a customized The House of Kings' white satin shirt with its intricate embroidered crest on the collar. The satin shirt was opened three or four buttons which highlights the gold chain he was wearing. Plus, his slicked back hair and unnerving, intimidating look... There isn't a single question why this man wouldn't catch anyone's-everyone's-attention. The man was a walking model out of a magazine with his perfect features that are too good for a single man to be that blessed with.

But all of those are just the additional details why the video went viral. The main reason is the man himself.

Juan Miguel King, the man behind The House of Kings, has never attended any fashion show, any public events, and any events at all. Even its own company's public and promotional ones. Rarely has any official photos in the internet. No information available except for the fact that he is the twenty-eight-year old CEO of the famous clothing company. Mysterious and has been viewed then as a god hidden in his office.

That single video of the CEO walking and actually posing for the cameras in the red carpet of his company's annual charity ball rose speculations and has heightened everyone's curiosity about him since then. Why attend that specific event and not the main events and runway shows? The fact that the CEO wasn't with anyone woman served as added fuel to everyone's need to know more about the man.

Labeled as "the sex god who's hiding in his office", "mysterious ice king who never smiles", "ruthless, irresistible CEO", and many more that almost sounded ridiculous but still served as headlines about the man. Just headlines with its repetitive contents, and not a single actual informative article. Even paparazzi has given up on getting anything from the CEO.