CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE: MAYBE TODAY

"You've gotten very close with that journalist student."

Miguel grins. He won't deny nor confirm anything especially his friends who are good at making issues. Besides, he didn't want to share his newly found friend to anyone just yet. Surely enough, he can guarantee it that whenever he tells them that someone has become his friend, they'll want to meet that person, too.

Call him selfish but he didn't want to share Luis Ashley to anyone. At least, not yet.

In all the most unexpected things that could happen to him, catching someone in the library was on his top of the list. Who was clumsy enough to fall in the library ladder given that it even has safety handle bar? Only Luis Ashley Manalo.

Even saying his full name is enough to make him smile and his friends already told him about his unconscious smiling for no reason.

No one could blame him though. He really found an actual person, except for his close friends, who is also a complete stranger at first, that he could be with as himself. No judgement, no expectations, no anything. What's even more surprising was that he immediately trusted Luis and befriended him because he genuinely wanted to.

At first, it was only because he was intrigue by him. He has never seen someone as clumsy as Luis, let alone that he needed to save him from falling in the most unexpected moment.

Then he actually met and knew him. It was expected that Luis didn't trust him at first nor wanted to become friends him. He didn't want to be boastful but it was the first ever time that someone actually questioned his intentions of becoming friends with him. Or to put in simple words, it was his first time being rejected. He really tries not to be boastful because he was so used to getting what he wants the moment he wants it but when it really comes to Luis? He experiences his firsts and it was actually refreshing for him, even if at times, it hurts his ego.

And his name! Damn. It was the first time he encountered a guy named like a girl at it amuses him big time. Of course, it was regardless of his name's spelling. It was just so amusing to him that if didn't know Luis and if someone would call him in the crowd? In the back of his mind, he knows he'll expect him to be a girl. Fortunately, he knows Luis.

Luis was also the first person who ever asked why did he NOT took other courses aside from medicine. Usually, anyone would ask why he TOOK his course but Luis was really different that way.

He was really witty and funny. He liked those about him.

He likes teasing Luis for his tiny frame and eyeglasses. He should really teach Luis to eat more.

He likes Luis.

"See, I just mentioned that journalist student and now you're smiling all to yourself. Damn. Maybe I should just ask Ion about that kid."

Miguel only laughs and welcomes the endless teasing of his friends.

- - - - - - - - - -

Miguel sighs.

He doesn't really remember the last time he got no sleep because of someone but he did just now. What was more frustrating for him was his dream. He's sure that it wasn't just a dream. It felt so real that it perfectly seems that that happened before. But the most frustrating part? He can't remember who or what that person with him in his dream looked like.

He's already cursing early in the morning and he doesn't know if this day would be any better.

After getting ready for office, he already had three voice messages from his secretary.