CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN: NO TURNING BACK

Luis wanted to see his mom before his big day but according to the nurses when he called for his visitation appointment, his mom was already asleep because of her medications. It was a bummer but he just made sure he'll be able to meet his mom this week.

His phone vibrates reminding him that he has less than two hours before his official first day at The House of Kings. Never in his life he imagined working for that company but here he is now-all ready for his big day.

"Erika is already sulking when she realized that you only just become cubicle partners and now you already need to leave her."

It's their Sir I and what he said made him smile.

"Do you think I can do this, Sir I?"

Instead of words of encouragement, his boss gave him a kind smile and a pat on the shoulder before leaving him to get their Ma'am Tin. That was enough for him. At least he knows that his boss assured him that he can do this. He came back with their always scary-slash-sophisticated-looking Ma'am Tin in her red suit and red Channel shoes.

"Why does this feel like I'm about to throw you at a lion's den."

He chuckles at that. "You really are throwing me out there, Ma'am Tin, but I'll be okay though. I'm trained by a lioness, too."

That earned him a slap on the arm from Ma'am Tin and a laugh from Sir I.

It's one thing that he'll miss for next three months. It might not be the most obvious thing but their bosses are like his older brother and sister-they are his family in the most unobvious way possible. He didn't want to be too sentimental because he knows he'll be back in no time but thinking that he won't be seeing this two for while would need time to get used to. He'll also miss checking what could be their Ma'am Tin's outfit each day for sure.

"Take care of yourself out there and even if you're unofficially fired from this company, make sure to tell us if you need anything and report regularly." Ma'am Tin reminds him for the nth time this week. "Do your best, okay?"

"Listen to your Ma'am Tin, Luis, because she's been saying to me that this feels like she's sending her son on his first day of school."

"Ion!"

He'll definitely miss the bickering with these two.

His phone vibrates again and it was time for him really go now.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Are you avoiding me?"

That's the question that Luis is really "avoiding". He's already having an internal panic attack because he doesn't really know what to tell Miguel because he perfectly knows that he can't lie when it comes to this guy.

He is avoiding him. He was straight-up making excuses on why they can't meet. Though they were both really busy with their academics and being in the different colleges made it more impossible for them to meet-it was never a hindrance before. But because he's really avoiding Miguel, being busy was his actual excuse that wouldn't seem to be an excuse.

And now, this guy already knows what he has been doing for the past week.

What is his real excuse? After knowing his feelings for Miguel, as much as he wants to be as normal as before, it was harder than he thought. The constant fear of Miguel knowing what he hides from him is something he can't win against. Just thinking what could be his reaction shatter him. He doesn't want to even think about it now.