CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR: MAYBE SOME OTHER TIME

"Mr. Writer, you're here!"

Luis immediately smiles widely when he was welcomed by his mom's sweet smile. She's wearing a floral long dress and she looks like a radiant flower in the spring right now.

"Hello, mom. Did I interrupt you're reading?"

"There you go again, calling me 'mom', Mr. Writer." She giggles and pats the space beside her. "No, you didn't interrupt me but I must tell you that I feel like you're about to give me some great news. Come on, don't be shy now."

He chuckles nervously. He never really understood how his mom could feel it whenever he was about to say something. "It's a love-hate great news, mom, but you were right the last time. I got my big break."

"Oh, that's great then! But...?"

Even his mom can hear the inaudible "but" of what he just said.

"This is a huge gamble, mom. I don't think I can do this as perfect as I always do."

His mom smiles kindly and that warms his heart and it was almost enough to erase all his doubts. "Whatever's holding you back with this big break, Mr. Writer, I know you can overcome it. I loved all your articles and I think this one is going to be great again."

He can feel himself tearing up but he fought back his tears. He wanted to hug his mom but he also didn't want to scare her away. Hearing all her words of encouragement are more than enough now. This moment reminds him that he will be doing this for her.

He needs to carve into his heart that when he does finish this challenge successfully, he can finally have his mom home. He can finally hug her like what he always wanted to do. He needs to repeat this over and over again-he's doing this for both them.

"Thank you, mom, for believing in me."

"You can do this, Mr. Writer, I know you can."

- - - - - - - - - -

"Well, are you ready? Are you sure you prepared everything you'll need? Papers, your suit..."

It's the third time Ma'am Tin walked back and forth in front of him. She's wearing her casual attire for today which is a pair of high-waisted jeans and a red shirt with a dangerously high pair of Prada red stilettos. That's casual for their boss and no one pull casual like her.

Luis couldn't help but to laugh at their lady boss' mom-like worries. "Everything's okay, Ma'am Tin. No need to worry about anything, I can do this."

Sir I grins. "Your Ma'am Tin already had her sixth iced coffee for the day which mean she's really anxious, Luis, and I am very much pressuring you right now. I know you will do your best but know we are really pressuring you."

Speaking of iced coffee, another cup has arrived and Ma'am Tin immediately drinks it. "You need to get this job, Luis. I trust you but still, you're Sir I is right. We are very much pressuring you right now because the fate of our success lies in you."

He does feel the pressure right now because tomorrow is their D-day. Like what he said, everything is prepared now and he even bought a new suit for this. Not that he actually has a lot of suits to choose from but he rarely wears them so he really needed to buy a new one. Ma'am Tin even said he should have it personally tailored for him but he refused it in the best way that he can. He couldn't afford that, to be honest.

After his meeting with their bosses, he was dismissed early for the day and by dismissed, they really mean that he should take the day off to prepare more for tomorrow. But he really didn't have anything else to prepare except for himself.