CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX: FIRST LOVE PERHAPS NEVER REALLY DIE

Red, turtle-neck, bodycon dress and a three-inch red Prada shoes-their Ma'am Tin is not only killing the outfit of the day but is also on her fourth cup of iced coffee just for this morning and that's not exactly a good sign.

It only means that the devil of the company is stressed and Luis perfectly knows that it's because of him. Not because of him "him" but, to more specific, with the fact that they should be receiving the "call" from The House of Kings any minute now.

This their moment of truth.

It's not only their Ma'am Tin who's stressed about this, but he, himself, is dreading each hour that passes. He can't lose this opportunity-he gave his best so he is assured that he wouldn't lose this opportunity but damn it really. This is the actual first time he wished he made a back-up plan. It's against their motto as writers of this company but damn it again.

What if his best was not enough this time? What if it was better if he really prepared another plan, just in case?

"I would offer some iced coffee to you too, Luis, but that's not actually a great idea since you haven't had anything. Here, take this."

Luis doesn't know but he almost cried when he saw food from his Sir Ion. He has not eaten anything since last night and having actual food offered to him, reminds him how he has been wanting to eat but couldn't because of this stupid pressure he's feeling right now.

"Thanks, Sir I. How did you know I haven't eaten anything yet?" A tuna and egg sandwich never looked as appetizing as it does right now.

Sir I knowingly smiles. "Erika did tell me you haven't had anything when I asked her if she ever saw you eat anything from the pantry this morning."

He's really blessed with his officemate and he made a mental promise to treat her when this day ends. He just needed to receive that call so he can rest assure that everything will go according to their plan. He doesn't want to screw everything up.

There's no room for screwing up.

This is more nerve-wrecking than his first ever day at this company. This is scarier than any of their Ma'am Tin's scolding. This is more terrifying than their Sir I's knowing smiles. This is literally like something that he's experiencing for the first time and he doesn't know what to do about it.

Out of the chaos that's happening in his head right now and the fulfilment he got with his sandwich-Juan Miguel King's face suddenly popped into his mind that he almost choked on his drink.

"You okay?" Sir I immediately asked him.

He awkwardly smiles and laughs at his silliness. "Y-Yes, sir. T-Thank you again for the food!"

That short moment when he finally saw the man he thought he'll never see again-that tiny elevator moment...

Luis' heart started beating faster as he remembers how Juan Miguel looked that day. How, after almost ten years, he looked the same yet so different. He wants to clench his hand against his chest because his heart won't calm down but he doesn't want to worry his bosses anymore. Instead, he excused himself.

He doesn't really know where he'll go to come his heart down, or to calm himself down generally.

Is he overreacting right now? Maybe yes, maybe no.

But for someone like him to finally see someone from his past and last saw that person almost ten years ago? Overreacting isn't the best word to describe what he is going through. More like overwhelmed.