PART SIX

they spent the next few days preparing. joy and lisa mostly did the pickups of the devices they need— using seulgi's money. they were certain to let jisoo rest all day to be ready for the party.

as the racer was reading a book inside her bedroom, she heard lisa call her from outside. jisoo closes the book and placed it on the bed, before standing up and went to the living room.

"what's all this?" jisoo's brows furrowed to see the table filled with foods, and alcoholic beverages. though it seemed as if they can't eat all of it— fear not. lisa will.

the thai shows a grin, holding two glasses. "well, since tomorrow is the day, we figured— why not celebrate right now? we don't know what might happen."

she gives one to jisoo. they all held glasses filled with different alcohol, as joy takes the lead to raise it up. "cheers. to our lifetime friendship."

jennie glances at jisoo as they cheered. she could see happiness inside those orbs of hers, yet loneliness as well. the raven sighs when she downs the drink. "it would have been more fun to have the others with us right now."

"and by tomorrow we will. don't worry." joy says.

just then, the telephone rang. they all looked at it— none had moved. jisoo knew no one is going to answer, so she volunteered. "i'll get that."

while the raven answers the call, the others had a few chats. mostly it was seulgi and joy battling on who can pick up most girls, whilst jennie would listen. lisa sits by them, holding her phone.

when the topic died down, the three racers noticed the barista spacing out. seulgi takes her attention. "you're nursing your drink."

"i am more of a coffee lover." jennie says, giggling.

"you mean soon to be jisoo's lover."

"what was that?"

"what was what? just have a drink. it's your first time to be like this, right? you need to loosen up for tomorrow because i'm sure you'll pee yourself." seulgi chuckles in a mocking way as she gently pushed the shot glass towards the brunette.

jennie did not seem to agree with what the other had said. "i will not pee."

joy joins the tease, a look of wickedness in her eyes. she nudges seulgi by the elbow. "stop scaring the girl, seul. if she doesn't want to drink then don't let her."

"i'm not scared!" wanting to prove herself, jennie held the glass and drank it in one go. which she immediately regretted when it burned her throat and stomach. she winces.

joy and seulgi gave each other a high five, laughing away. plan worked. lisa shakes her head. "fool, you just let them trick you. poor girl."

"buckle up, jennie. this is a very strong drink you had." however, it felt nice to jennie. she did not know what came to her when she asked for more, thus resulting for her to drink more than the others.

a couple of minutes go by and jisoo was finally done with the phone call. she went back as she hears various of laughters coming from different people.

"i'm back." jisoo's eyes lands on the drunk barista— head on the table as she laughs hysterically, though tears on her eyes. the raven purses her lips when she glared at her friend. "and you guys got her drunk. great. how many times did i tell you not to play with her?"