PART NINE

seulgi's heart fastened as they all watched the fire from jisoo's car from afar. joy used a binoculars— though had difficulty since it's night. she spots a upcoming car towards them; chaeyoung's.

when arrived, jennie went out and escorted jisoo by the arm. joy releases a breath of relief as she looks at seulgi. "she's alive."

lisa smiles when she sees her best friend breathing. however, another car came, wendy's. her smile falters. "apparently, so is wendy."

as wendy got out of the car, her nose and lip bleeding, she scowls. jisoo was equally bruised up. "i win."

seulgi hands jisoo the briefcase which contained the money. they all had an intense stare, waiting for jisoo or wendy to make a move.

and so, jisoo lightly throws the case close on wendy's foot. "take the money. i don't need it. just give me back my lalisa."

for once, wendy was surprised. though she did not show it. she gestures her goons to release lisa, which they did. her guard grabs the briefcase from the ground.

"it's nice doing business with you, kim." wendy smirks, gently pushing lisa towards jisoo. then turns around to walk away. "'til next time."

when they were out of sight, jennie felt herself releasing a huge breath she was unconsciously holding. that was one hell of a race.

jisoo went out of her grasp when lisa hurriedly hugged her best friend, giggling away. "man, i knew you're soft for me. come give me a kiss."

seulgi and joy smiles as they watch jisoo attempt to shove the thai away, clearly not wanting to be kissed.

when done, chaeyoung went near them and crossed her arm. so this is lisa. the racer noticed her presence. "chaeyoung. i'm sorry about the car."

"nah, it's fine. i got a couple more anyway." chaeyoung dismisses it. her smile faded when she noticed lisa staring at her. "uhh, you're creepy."

jisoo looks at the thai and nudged her by the elbow. "stop staring at her and introduce yourself."

"i'm l-lisa." lisa extends her hand, for chaeyoung to shake. the blonde glanced at it before looking back at lisa's face.

"chaeyoung." she says, still not accepting the hand gesture. jennie mentally laughs. serves her right.

"my surname fits your name."

"ew, what the fuck." chaeyoung reacts disgustingly in front of lisa. she is so not into her.

jisoo sides the quiet barista, placing her arm around jennie's shoulder and grins. "let's get out of here."

"i know what this calls for." joy smiles, turning to their crew with hands raised in the air. "party at the penthouse everyone!"

back at the penthouse, everyone is having a great time enveloped by people they like. at the kitchen, chaeyoung is sitting on a bar stool whilst lisa stands near her, flirting in hushed tones.

"so can i take you out on a date, some time?" lisa asks. it started off as an attraction, but after conversing with the older in only a few hours, she felt deep connection with her.