1

Quick A/N

You're probably thinking "Holy shit, River! You just wrote a 44-chapter story for this manz in 18 days and you are starting another???" Yes, I am!

Quick info: this is an alternate universe so things WILL be different and there will be NO magic!

I got time due to quarantine so without further ado, I present the newest fanfic😂

Reader POV

I woke up with sleepy eyes. The sun's rays penetrated through the silk curtains that blew gently in the wind.

I stretched and climbed out of bed slowly.

Today, I was going to meet the guard assigned to me.

As the Princess of Clover, each Noble House had to select one child, usually their eldest, to serve the Princess.

My parents had chosen Nozel Silva of House Silva to be my personal guard.

I had hoped that he would be nice to me.

From what I learned through my friend River, he was three years older than me.

What made the personal guard extremely important was the fact that they would become the next king by marrying the Princess of Clover, in bout of tradition.

In fact, my father was formally of House Kira and the former Head Guard.

(NO, YOUR FATHER ISN'T AUGUSTUS KIRA XIII)

"Princess!" The maids knocked on my door.

I was 10 years old and Nozel was 13. He was preparing to become the Head Guard in five years.

The door opened and my lady in waiting, Carmen, came into the room with her two daughters, Greta and Hana. The three got to work with making me look perfect for the very first meeting with Nozel Silva.

They adorned me in a white dress with gold trimmings. My golden crown was placed on my beautiful (h/c) locks.

"You look beautiful!" Greta and Hana squealed. "I'm sure Lord Nozel will be over the moon to see you!"

When my parents saw me, they smiled.

Taking me by my hand, Mother lead me outside to the courtyard after a light breakfast.

"Julius," she smiled at the instructor who trained the Head Guards. "Tell Lord Nozel that my daughter is ready to meet him."

"Yes, your majesty!" Julius bowed and quickly walked to where Lord Nozel was.

"Are you ready to meet your future husband?" Father asked me with anticipation.

I smiled. "Yes!"

Julius Novochrono returned with a boy walking beside him.

He had silver hair, striking purple eyes, and a single braid in between his eyes that touched his nose.

Indeed, he was handsome.

"That's him?" My jaw dropped and I quickly clamped it shut.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, your royal highness," Lord Nozel bowed.

I allowed him to kiss my gloved hand. "The pleasure is all mine,"

"We'll leave you two to get to know each other," the adults moved away.

Leaving me and Lord Nozel alone- albeit the guards surrounding the courtyard just in case.

"So..." I looked down at my sandals with a blush.

Lord Nozel's polite face turned into a frown. "No offense, but I don't want to marry you,"

My heart thumped. "Excuse me?"

He sighed. "I've got no idea why I was chosen instead of the other eldest members of each Noble House. But I'm only here because I'm forced to."

"How...tragic."

Talk about awkward!

"So what should we do now? If you don't wish to marry me, why are you here?"

He cast you an annoyed glance. "Are you featherbrained? I just said that I was forced to be here."

"Can't you just tell my father?"

Lord Nozel shook his head. "I tried, but he just excused it as 'teenage confusion'."

"Well, you've put us in a rather awkward situation," I sweatdropped.

"True," Lord Nozel sighed. "I guess I've really got to actually do this. I can't believe I'm saying this, but let's strike a deal."

"Deal?"

He held out his hand. "I promise not to fall in love with you."

"Why would you promise that??"

He bared his teeth in annoyance. "I don't want to marry some princess who would stay locked up in a damn tower instead of doing something for herself."

"I'm not like that!" I insisted.

"Whatever you say, Princess."

I narrowed my eyes. "Quite frankly, I don't want to marry you either! You are rude!"

"Fine. Let's finish this damn deal. We put on an act. When it's your 18th birthday, the day we would be getting married, we'll come clean and tell your father we don't like each other."

"Deal."

Our hands met and we shook on it.

"Oh god. I've got to deal with you for eight years." I let out a sigh.

"Don't say that," he snorted. "I've got to deal
with you for just as long. I don't mind being the Head Guard, though. But I don't want to marry you."

"Neither do I! In fact, I won't talk to you!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!" I stormed out of the courtyard. If our deal was to work, I couldn't let anyone suspect.

As I walked away from him, both of us shared a common thought.

Oh gods, this is going to be a long eight years.