7

Next chapter: 9-10 votes?

Reader POV

Mega timeskip

I woke up with a yawn. "Gods, I don't want to have one more class..."

Nozel noticed I was awake. I had fallen asleep on his shoulder since we were on a long journey around the kingdom to learn more about Cloverian traditions and other values the people held dear to their hearts.

"It's only one more," he said as he gave me a smile. "Besides, don't you want to find more out about our kingdom?"

"I do! But I'm so tired!"

"Well, I'll be damned if you collapse before I do," he poked my cheek. "I'm still older than you."

"You're only 20!"

"And you're 17. Now shut up."

"The both of you, shut up," Father said with a frown. "(y/n), you only have one more class. I'm sure you can manage. As for you, Nozel, I suggest that you take (y/n) out to get some air."

"Yes, Your Majesty,"

Mother frowned. "Nozel dear, you're going to become King and bonded to our family in less than four months. Surely you can start addressing us as Mother and Father?"

All four of us were in the royal carriage, surrounded by guards.

"I'll start doing it when (y/n) and I get married, Your Majesties."

My parents made eye contact and sighed.

"I don't blame the kid," Father said. "I was like him when I was younger."

The carriage stopped at a nearby town.

"This town is close to Hage," Nozel said. "We've got a couple of hours until we get there, though."

Children saw the royal carriage and ran towards it, bringing their flower crowns along with them.

Even though it was tradition for the kingdom not to see me until I was married and officially Queen of Clover, that didn't stop me. I simply wore a hooded cloak over my hair.

"Look! It's Head Guard Lord Nozel Silva!"

Adults noticed us and came, offering their gifts. The last time royalty came through the village was twenty-five years ago when my father and mother came with my grandparents.

"Ah, Princess (y/n)," an elderly couple presented us some food. "May you and Lord Nozel be blessed with a beautiful and strong family,"

My face flushed in embarrassment. It was expected that a newly married couple of high status would conceive a child as soon as possible.

Nozel had brought up the idea of miniature versions of himself and I running around the palace, wrecking havoc.  

However, with my parents, they had trouble conceiving a child. That's why it took them five years instead of one to finally find out that I was inside of my mother.

"Thank you," I smiled at them.

Children ran up to us and presented us with flower crowns. I wasn't supposed to show my hair until I got married, so I allowed them to drape the flowers around my neck.

"You're so pretty!" A child with green hair and brown eyes stared at me with awe.

"Thank you," I smiled at her.

We said goodbye to the children and began to walk around, looking for some food to eat.

"Wow, look at that!" I looked into a bakery where a baker was taking out a pie. "Let's get it so we can share with Mother and Father and the guards!"

"Alright."

...

We all arrived in Hage in two hours.

I spent that time looking outside the carriage, admiring the view of the countryside.

"We're here," a guard opened the door for us.

Father got out first and helped us all out, with a huge smile. "Welcome to Hage, everyone."

Nozel slipped his hand with mine as we walked to the church.

"Look! It's their Royal Highnesses!" A Father and Sister bowed. The children there followed suit.

"It's the Head Guard!" A child with ash-blonde locks and green eyes stared at Nozel with awe.

"Hello," Nozel nodded curtly to the child.

Father smiled. "Father Orsi! It's been a while."

Father Orsi sighed. "Too long. These kiddos are the death of me, I swear."

"Well don't just stand there!" Sister Lily guided us to the dining area. "We as a village prepared a whole feast for your arrival!"

"Why are you wearing a flower crown?" A boy with dark hair and teal eyes asked.

Nozel shrugged. "It grew on me."

"Really!?" His eyes widened in awe.

"No, Daichi," Sister Lily smiled. "Someone gave him that."

"It's so cool!" The ash-blonde boy jumped on Nozel's lap. "I want it!"

"Asta! Get down!" Father Orsi looked horrified.

Nozel looked uncomfortable. "Asta, I would listen to Sister Lily if I were you."

"Aw!" I smirked at Nozel. "You look just like a father!"

"I will be. Soon enough," he said as he placed an energetic Asta back in his seat beside him.

I looked down at my plate, a blush forming. "I-"

"Tatoes for you, tatoes for me, tatoes for everyone!" Asta cheered as he dug in after everyone said Grace.

Father ate a tatoe and nearly spat it out. "I've forgotten how bitter these taste,"

Sister Lily shrugged. "It's filling, so that's what really matters."

"Alright then. (y/n), your final lesson is located in this village," Mother said as we all cleaned up. "To be a ruler, you must understand your people. In such, you two will be staying here for three months. When you come home after three months, your final test to become a ruler fit for the Clover Kingdom will take place."

Father hugged Nozel and I. "I know you both will pass with flying colors. Until then, have fun with everyone here! And don't worry about keeping your hair hidden, (y/n). This final lesson is the exception to the rule."

The two rulers stepped into the carriage.

"See you soon!"

Nozel and I watched as they left.

"So, we're here for three months," Nozel slowly turned around, only to see the children looking at us with excitement.

"ATTACK!!" Asta lead the other orphaned children to attack us both with hugs. "Ha! See that, Sister Lily?! We've defeated the future rulers of Clover!!"

Bonus