3

DO NOT PLAY THE MUSIC UNTIL I INSTRUCT YOU TO DO SO! But you can if you want to :(

Get ready for a longer chapter :)

Reader POV

The lessons went smoothly.

Since it was my 15th birthday, it was Clovorian tradition to hold a grand ball.

In the ballroom, the servants were preparing decorations and other things.

We were in the other ballroom used for dance lessons.

I was currently practicing the waltz with Nozel.

After what happened this morning, I couldn't look at him.

"Beautiful!" The instructor named Cody clapped. "If you both could do exactly as you are doing now tonight, everything will be just perfect!"

Another tradition was that the King would dance with his daughter before the Head Guard danced with his fiance.

Again, I would be forced to be within close proximity of Nozel.

Nozel was taller than me. While I was 5'5 (If you aren't that height, now you are), he was 5'8.

I had to look up into his eyes to glare at him.

"Well, that's the end of the lesson," Cody stopped the music. "Now if you excuse me, I must arrange a final session with the orchestra.

He left me and the Head Guard alone.

"You can let go of me," I said.

Nozel did. "I'm hungry."

"And I'm pissed off at you," I stretched for a bit before heading to the courtyard to have a light lunch under the afternoon sun in the gazebo.

Lunch was cucumber and cream-cheese sandwiches, tea, and some biscuits.

As usual, Nozel and I ate alone.

Normally, he would snap at me and I would snap back and then we'd argue, but today was different.

He quietly ate his food without looking at me once.

I sipped my tea in confusion. "Aren't you going to be annoying?"

He stopped eating and looked at me briefly. "Do you want me to?"

"Not really," I said.

"Then what's the issue?"

I looked down at my food. "Normally, you're always annoying me. Is something wrong?"

He reached across the table and lifted my chin. "Nothing is wrong, (y/n). I've just realized something important."

"Care to share?" I asked.

He smiled for a moment. "Oh? Are you really that interested in me?"

I frowned and slapped his hand away. "Fine, if you're going to be cocky about it, I'll just continue to eat my food in silence."

"Don't..." He looked different today. His hair seemed more done and his uniform looked more shiny and overall, he looked regretfully handsome. "I'm sorry."

My jaw dropped open. "Holy shit. Who the hell are you and what did you do with that ass Nozel?"

Nozel frowned. "I am Nozel, you idiot! Sorry for just trying to be somewhat decent today."

"Why?"

He sighed. "I've come to the conclusion that I've-"

"Princess (y/n)!!!!!"