6

Reader POV

Nozel had chased a scumbag out of the area after he had laid his hands on a poor innocent girl only three years older than me.

The man himself was over 40 years old.

"Absolutely disgusting," Nozel spat. "She's clearly not interested in you, you pig."

"What can you do, runt?" The man laughed.

Nozel turned to me. "Take this woman and wait for me outside the ally."

"What are you going to do?"

"What I should as the Head Guard."

The man's eyes widened. "You're the Head Guard? Shit-"

His screams were heard.

The girl beside you was shaking.

"T-thank you so much!"

Nozel came out of the ally, panting. He was carrying the guy by his collar.

"How the hell are you so strong!?"

Nozel had a bruise on his cheek.

"Get out of my city and don't come back. If I ever see you again, you'll regret it."

The man scrambled away, tripping into a stand of oranges.

"Thank you again," the female brushed some dirt off her pale pink dress.

"It is no problem," Nozel said. "I hate to see stupid pigs preying on poor women who clearly aren't interested."

"You are very kind," the female said. "What is your name?"

Nozel hesitated. "I can't tell you,"

"Why not?"

I stepped in. "Trust me, you don't want to know who he is."

"Seriously?" Nozel had an irk mark on his face.

"You said you are the Head Guard..." the female looked at both of you until her eyes widened and she bowed. "My apologies! I didn't recognize you, Your Majesties!!"

I sighed. "Stand up. There's no need for titles,"

"But-"

"Don't," I said. "We're just normal people like you."

"What is your name?"

The female stood up straighter. "I am Lily Voltia. My younger brother Luck Voltia serves the royal guards, right?"

Nozel nodded. "I am aware of your brother. He's the one with insane energy and always wants to fight, right?"

Lily sweatdropped. "Yep."

"Well, we'll see you around!" I waved to her as we went our own separate ways.

Nozel looked back at her. "I didn't know my subordinate had a sister. I just know that through his talent, he was accepted by my comrade Yami Sukehiro into his own squad, though I am above them all."

...

"Let's get this cleaned up," I sighed. We were back at the palace. Nozel was in my quarters. I was gently cleaning up his face from some dirt and put some ointment on his face for the bruise and put a bandage on it.

"Thanks," Nozel grumbled. "I still can't believe that pig landed a hit on me."

I laughed and booped him on the nose. "Don't worry, Braid-Face. You made your message clear."

Nozel grabbed my hand and rested it on your cheek. "I know this is still awkward for you, (y/n)."

"Hm?"