4

Warning: manga spoilers BUT IT WILL BE DIFFERENT DO NOT GRILL ME ON IT!

Reader POV

"Where are you two going?" Father asked as he raised his eyebrow at Nozel.

"To my room," I said. "I want to show him something."

Father gave the stink eye. "You two better not be doing it!"

"We're not going to!" I cringed. "I just wanted to show him the book you gave me that is about our ancestors!"

"You can show him tomorrow," Father decided. "As the Princess of Clover, even though you are betrothed, it is your duty to make friends with the other nobles and royalty of the surrounding kingdoms."

"Yes, Father."

Nozel smiled at you as he linked arms with you. "Don't worry,"

"I honestly just want to sleep," I said with a sigh. "But duty calls as the Princess of Clover."

"You can sleep later," Father said. He motioned for a group of people my age and Nozel's age. "These are the Royal children."

There was a boy that was Nozel's height. He had dark hair and amber eyes.

"I am Prince Yuno of the Spade Kingdom," he said with no emotion. 

"I'm Princess Lolopechta of the Diamond Kingdom!" A female with dark blue hair and turquoise eyes smiled.

The other two just nodded.

"They won't talk, but that's Prince Mars of the Diamond Kingdom and his betrothed, Fana." Lolopechta informed.

"I am Princess (y/n) of the Clover Kingdom and this is my betrothed, Lord Nozel Silva."

Yuno stared at Nozel. "So it's true, then? Every Head Guard in this kingdom becomes the next ruler,"

"Yes, just about," Nozel nodded. 

"How old are all of you?" I asked. "You all know I'm 15 and Nozel is 18."

Mars spoke up. "I am 18 and Fana is 17."

"I'm 16," Lolopechta grinned.

"I am 15."

It seemed only Lolopechta was enthusiastic about being here. The others looked bored.

It wasn't until 2 A.M. when everyone began to leave.

Only the royal families stayed overnight in their own separate rooms in the guest wing.

Nozel walked me to my room as usual. Instead of him giving a rude comment and me snapping back, he hugged me.

"Sleep well,"

"You too," I hugged him back. "I'm really glad we figured things out, Nozel."

"Me too." He looked as if he wanted something else.

"What's wrong?"

Nozel said nothing but smiled. "I would kiss you again, but if I do, I'm not sure if I'd be able to control myself and not give you a French kiss."

I blushed. "You ass! Go to bed!"

"Am I not allowed to give you a French kiss?" He pretended to look hurt.

I closed my door behind me. "Go to bed! You'll have to wait three years!"

I smiled as I heard him shout "YES" at the top of his lungs and run down the hallway.

"SOOOO HOW DID IT GO?!"

I screamed in fright and the door slammed open again.

"Who the hell dares to be in Princess (y/n)'s room?!" Nozel had his sword drawn and in a split second, I was behind him.

Then Nozel lowered the sword.

"Hana. Gretal. What are you doing up at this hour?"

The two were shaking since the sword was close to them.

"L-Lord Nozel! We didn't mean to scare the Princess!"

He drew his sword back and put it away, glaring at them. "Answer the question. What are you doing up at this hour?"

Gretal pushed him out of the room. "Go to bed, your lordship! It's time for girl talk!"

Nozel protested, but I shut him up with a peck. 

"Seriously, go to bed."

He blushed immensely. "Yes, your highness!"

I closed the door behind me with a foolish smile only to look up and see Hana and Gretal looking at me with demonic blue eyes. 

"TELL US EVERYTHING!!"

I cringed. "First let me get out of this getup!"

So after I told them everything after changing, they stared at me in shock.

Unlike their mother and everyone else, they indeed knew that both of us hated each other before.

"Holy shit! I knew it!" Hana punched the air in victory as Gretal reluctantly handed her money.

"Hey!" I grabbed the money out of Hana's hands. "Why were you two betting on us?"

"It's the sexual tension!" The twins said at the same time. "Gretal didn't think Nozel would come clean at the ball, but clearly she was wrong!"

I sweatdropped and handed Hana back her money. "Well...put that money to good use."

"Oh, I will!" Hana smirked. "Gretal and I are going to buy binoculars and stalk you both from afar."

"HUH??"

Gretal spoke up. "So basically we didn't lose any money since we're pooling it together. We have just enough to get two sets of binoculars!"

I groaned and buried my face in my pillow. "I swear to gods, you two are going to be the death of me!"

...

"Good morning," Nozel said softly to me as I exited my bedroom the following morning. Today was my day off. "I was thinking we should go to town together,"

I smiled sweetly at him. "Okay, braid-face."

He frowned. "Seriously? Is that my nickname now?"

"Yes!"

"Okay, you weirdo." He looked around. "Let's sneak out. Instead of having people treat us differently because of what we are wearing, let's dress as peasants."

"Oh my god! You really aren't Nozel!" I pinched his arm. "Toga Himiko! Kindly don't-"

"Who the hell is that?" He gave me a confused stare. "Whatever. I'm only suggesting we dress as peasants and those far below us because I want a normal day without people surrounding you."

I frowned. "Won't they know what I look like?"

Nozel shook his head and laughed. "Seriously? You idiot. You've never stepped foot outside this castle without escorted footmen and you were in a carriage with the shades drawn. It is a tradition that the people do not see what their future rulers look like until the appropriate time,"

"So what are we going to do about you?" I asked. "Everyone knows you since you did some training outside with your own squad,"

Nozel sighed. "We'll figure something out. I'd rather not draw attention to us." He then thought for a moment. "We can dress normally but put on a peasant's cloak. Better yet, I'll give you one of my smaller uniforms. If your parents see us, they won't recognize you since you'll also have the helmet on. We'll make some excuse that you wanted privacy today."

"HUH?" He picked me up and ran to his own quarters on the other side of the palace.

"I've already told everyone to look the other way if they see us going," Nozel smiled. "Besides, I'm the Head Guard. If anyone dares to harm you, I'll kick their asses."