Ch. 15: Wait for me

(Cover Art is by the lovely MimiNicolette ! For all future chapters, in order to make this less confusing, when Katheryn's words are in bold, that means she is speaking in a low, raspy voice. When her words are in normal text, then she is speaking in her normal voice. Warning: This chapter may not be suitable for some readers! Please proceed with caution!)

Katie's eyes stayed as black as night as she grabbed me by my hair and started pulling me towards the bus by force.

"Let go of me!" I screamed out in pain. I clawed at her arms but she didn't stop. At this rate she was going to pull all my hair out.

"I'm done playing these stupid games of yours, Roxanne," Katie continued to growl. "We are leaving. NOW!"

"Titus!" I screamed as I tried to wiggle and squirm out of her grasp. "Do something! Help me!"

"Trollex, stay here," Titus said. He dashed out of the water as fast as he could, taking care not to anger Katie any further as he approached us. "Queen Katheryn, be reasonable! She said she didn't want to go back so don't force her!"

Titus had never been in a fight, physically, I mean. He was always the peacemaking kind of troll, and would always try his best to talk out a problem rather than throw punches.

"She is a traitor to her kingdom!" Katie growled at Titus. "She will be punished for her actions, and she won't be seeing you ever again! I'll make sure of it!"

Meanwhile, Trollex was getting worried about what was happening on the shore. He was wondering why this mean lady was hurting his mama. He knew his papa had told him to stay, but he just couldn't bear to keep watching that lady drag his mama away from them while his papa just stood there like a deer in headlights. So, he took action.

As he puffed out his chest and mustered every ounce of heroism in his tiny body, Trollex bounded out of the water, ran past Titus, and lunged straight for Katheryn.

"Let go of my mama, you meanie!" Trollex shouted. He latched on to Katie's leg, trying to make her trip. Katie looked down in disgust.

"Ew!" She gagged. "What the heck are you?" She tried shaking him off but he wouldn't let go. "Get it off me! Get it off me!"

"I'll save you, mama!" he said as he continued to hold on to Katie's leg for dear life.

This was my chance! I started to carefully pry Katie's fingers off of my hair one by one. Unfortunately, she noticed what I was trying to do and began to pull on it even harder.

I winced as tears started streaming down my face. I bit down on my lip to stop myself from crying out in pain. I didn't want to scare Trollex into doing something stupid. But, to my horror, he still saw the tears.

"Nobody makes my mama cry! Nobody!" he shouted ferociously as he opened his mouth and-

CHOMP!

He bit her! Katie screamed in pain as she let go of my hair completely to take care of the "pest" on her leg. I got to my feet as fast as I could and started to run back towards Titus when I heard Trollex's violent screams behind me.

I turned back around and covered my mouth with my hands. We both watched in horror as Katheryn grabbed Trollex by his hair, ripped him off her leg, and threw him towards some rocks.

CRACK!

His tiny head made contact with one of the rocks, resulting in a sicking cracking sound. I watched as his small, fragile body fell onto the sand as a pool of blood started to form beneath him. He wasn't moving.

That's when I lost all sense of reality and started screaming bloody murder. I tried to run towards my baby, to hold and comfort him, only to be hit in the back of the head with something, sending me face first into the sand. I felt four pairs of arms grab both my arms and my legs as they lifted me off the ground and started carrying me back towards the piranha bus kicking and screaming.

"Help him!" I cried out. "For the love of all things, save him!"

Titus just stood there, completely frozen in shock. His eyes darted from me to Trollex as he pondered the most difficult choice he's ever had to make in his entire life. Save the love of his life, or save his only son. He couldn't save both of us, but he could also lose us both too if he didn't act fast enough.

As he stared at me with tears in his eyes, he mouthed, "I'm sorry," and dashed towards Trollex as fast as he could. Titus scooped him up in his arms and pressed his ear up against his chest. He sighed in relief when he discovered that his heart was still beating. However, it was very faint.

With a determined look on his face, Titus made a beeline for the ocean. But, before he could get in the water, he turned around one last time to look at me.

"Wait for me, my love!" he shouted in a shaky voice as tears rolled down his face. "I will come find you and bring you home!"

Katie scoffed as she followed me and her entourage into the bus. Then, she took a seat and immediately went limp.

Before the zipper-door shut completely, I was able to see Titus carry Trollex into the water and disappear under the waves.

I started whimpering quietly in the corner as I felt the bus jerk forward, away from Techno Reef, my husband, and my son.

I realized that Titus had broken his promise to protect me no matter what, but I didn't care. All that mattered now was that my son was safe and alive.

I curled up into a ball and started sobbing loudly. Not only had I left my family behind, but I had also left my music behind. I remembered my violin was still leaning up against my bed in my house, just waiting to be played.

However, I knew their was only one thing I could do now, and that was to wait for my king to come and save me like some damsel in distress.

So when we got back to Volcano Rock City, after Katie tossed me into a cage, I sat on the floor of my cell and silently waited...

And waited...

And waited...

...

But he never came...