Ch.28: Wedding Bells

For nearly a year, I didn't have a place to call home. So, Titus and I traveled from kingdom to kingdom and stayed there for a few months, listening to their music and learning more about their customs. We made so many new friends along the way as well.

During this time, I learned something that might not interest you, but it made me a bit upset. While I was staying with the Rock trolls, I discovered that Katheryn, while she was under our father's possession, had MAJORLY upgraded the Angler bus. Barb told me that now it could fly, and it could also turn into a submarine.

I don't actually know why I was so upset, but whatever. I was just glad I could finally go down to Techno Reef for once without worrying about drowning. The raves down there were exactly how I remembered, except now Trollex was DJing instead of Titus.

Also, do you remember Slick?...Yeah, that one...For those of you who were wondering about what happened to him...don't worry. He's not gonna bother anybody anymore. Thrash, Katheryn, and Barb made sure that he was exiled from Trollstopia for the rest of his life, so we won't be seeing him ever again. Heh!

Anyways, preparations for mine and Titus's wedding-coronation were in full swing! All of the troll leaders, especially Poppy, took the liberty of making sure that everything was ready for the big day. We had originally planned to hold the entire event in SymphonyVille and then travel to Lonesome Flats for the reception. They even let me help set up the venue after rehearsal. When that day finally came, there wasn't a cloud in the sky and every troll shared the same level of happiness as the event grew closer by the second. Everything was running smoothly.

However...there was one tiny problem...

"This is insane! I can't do this!" I cried. Satin and Chenille were trying their best to add the finishing touches to my wedding dress as I swirled around in a panic.

"Your majesty, please hold still!" Satin said.

"We just need to finish your dress!" Chenille echoes her sister.

"What's going on in here?" Poppy asked as she entered the pod. "We need to leave in less than 10 minutes!"

"So sorry, Queen Poppy, it's just-"

"We can't get her to stand still long enough to attach the train to the back of her dress!"

"Roxy, what's wrong?" Poppy asked in a concerned tone. I was sweating buckets and was breathing very heavily.

"I feel sick to my stomach," I squeaked out. "Can't we just call the wedding off? Titus and I have been married for nearly 25 years, so I don't see why a wedding is necessary..."

"No way!" Poppy replied, only hearing half of what I had just said. "This is going to be the happiest day of your life! You can't back out now! Besides, I already started yours and Titus's scrapbook!"

"But-"

"Don't worry," Poppy continued. "The other troll leaders and I have made sure that this day will go down in history as the best. wedding. EVER!"

Although she was trying her best to make me feel better, I don't think she noticed exactly how terrified I was.

"I...I..." I stuttered as my knees started to shake. "I can't..."

Poppy was shocked. "Are you getting cold feet?"

"No! Of course not! It's just..."

"Then why are you trying to back out of this?"

"BECAUSE I'M SCARED!" I shouted at her, immediately covering my mouth with my hands. The entire pod was dead silent for a few minutes while Poppy just stood there, both shocked and heartbroken.