Ch.30: A New Era

I didn't know what to expect once those doors opened. We had never rehearsed for the ceremony here. I was scared. However, when I was finally able to see what was on the other side of those doors, I felt like I was stepping into an old memory, and I relaxed.

The atmosphere felt so familiar, yet the setting was like a stranger to me. So many memories were whirling through my mind as I quickly glanced around the garden. The first thing I noticed were the lights. They were the same ones Titus had used when he proposed to me, as well as when he and I exchanged our first kiss. They were strung above the aisle and led up to the alter, where Titus was waiting for us.

When I looked to my left, I could see a group of Classical trolls playing the Canon while Trollzart conducted them gracefully. When I looked to my right, I could see the early evening sun reflecting off the mountains in the distance. The sky was slowly starting to turn different shades of purple and pink as the night began to approach us at a snails pace. It was the perfect setting for a day like this.

Every troll in Trollstopia was there, and now they were all looking at me. Most were smiling, some were crying, and some were doing both. I felt my chest tighten, so I stopped looking at them and stared straight ahead at Queen Essence, who would be leading the ceremony.

I was about to start walking when Trollex stopped me. "Watch your step," he whispered. I looked down and gasped softly. I was too busy looking at everything else around me that I didn't even notice that most of the aisle was an oblong pond. It was filled with salt water, and had about ten LED squids swimming around in it. A few of them swam towards us and positioned themselves underneath Clampers' feet so that she wouldn't fall into the water.

Beat confidently floated slightly ahead of Clampers and Coral Blush as he led them down the aisle. I looked back at Katheryn, who was still holding up my train. She offered me a gentle smile, then she nodded. I picked up the bottom of dress so that it wouldn't get wet, then Trollex led me to the water's edge so I could carefully step out onto the LED squid. They did the same for my sister. Then, the three of us began to walk.

Everything was running smoothly until about halfway to the alter, when I felt a tiny hand tug at my skirt. I stopped walking and looked down to see Coral Blush near tears. The poor boy was scared, and his flower basket was missing. He lifted his arms up towards me, so I smiled, bent down and scooped him up with one arm. As he wrapped his tiny arms around my neck and buried his face into my shoulder, we continued to walk to the alter.

As we stepped off the pond and walked the rest of the way on solid ground, I looked over at Titus. He was wearing a suit with a pixel heart sewn on the front, and his hair was billowing all over the place. I could see tears glistening in his eyes as we got closer, but he quickly wiped them away. He was standing to the left of the podium which displayed our crowns for all to see.

When we finally stopped walking, Katheryn gently laid down my train. Then I handed both Coral Blush and my bouquet over to her so she could take him to where his parents were sitting. Then, she took her place next to Barb on my side of the alter. Once the classical trolls had finished playing the Canon, Essence motioned for everyone to sit down as Trollzart dashed over to Titus's side of the alter to float next to Quincy. Thus, the ceremony began.

"Who gives the harmony troll to be married today?" Queen Essence asked.

"I am," Trollex stated.

"And do you, King Trollex of the Techno trolls, son of Roxanne and Titus, support them in their wedding today?" Trollex turned his head towards me and smiled.