Ch. 21: How to Pretend

(This is the first time in this book where a chapter will not be told from Roxy's POV. Instead, it will be told from...someone else's POV. Let's see how long it takes you to figure out who it is before it's made obvious.)

The entire stadium grew eerily silent as they waited for the results of Queen Barb's musical blast. Roxy's body had been encased inside a chrysalis-like structure that looked like it was made of rocks and molten lava.

"Did it work?" A random rock troll shouted from the audience.

Out of curiosity, as Barb approached the chrysalis, she reached her hand out to touch it.

CRACK!

The chrysalis began to shake violently as a crack formed straight down the middle of it. Roxy burst out of the chrysalis looking completely different. Her eyes were glowing red and what was left of her hair was spiked up all over the place. Instead of the red t-shirt and black shorts that she had been wearing before, her entire outfit had changed. She was now wearing a black fringed skirt with black fishnet tights, a black crop top that was so short it almost counted as a bralette, and a white, sleeveless crop jean vest. She also had on black, finger-less gloves with spikes on the knuckles that reached all the way up to her elbows.

With only one quick tug, Roxy had ripped her chains off their hinges and stepped off her podium. Everybody kept their eyes on her as she made her way to the front of the stage. There was a long pause before she finally threw her hands up in the air with the standard rock n' roll salute.

"WHO'S READY TO ROCK?" She shouted at the top of her lungs. The crowd of rock trolls roared in response! However, horrified expressions were all that could be seen on the other troll leaders faces.

"No! Roxy!" yelled Queen Poppy from her cage high above the stage. Queen Barb smiled.

"It works!" She shouted as she turned to her mother with an excited look on her face. "Mom, did you see that? I fixed Aunt Roxy!"

The former Queen Katheryn did not look pleased with the results. "How do you know it worked?" She asked as she made her way over to Barb and Roxy, grabbing an electric guitar along the way. Barb groaned.

"Mom, get off the stage! This is my show, not yours!" she said as she crossed her arms and started tapping her foot impatiently.

"I'll be off in just one second, dear," Katheryn said sweetly as she walked in front of Roxy. "I just need proof that she actually turned into a rock zombie and isn't just putting on an act." With a devilish grin on her face, she started to whisper something in Roxy's ear.

Roxy nodded and took the guitar out of Katheryn's hands. "What did you say to her, mom?" Queen Barb asked as Katie walked back towards her.

"I told her to sing us something. Whichever song she chooses to sing will determine whether she actually turned into a rock zombie or not."  Katie said as she passed Barb and took a seat next to her husband, King Thrash.

"Great idea, mom!" Queen Barb pointed at the drummer. "Give her a beat, Riff!"

Riff picked up his drumsticks and began to play. It was like he already knew what song Roxy was going to sing. Once she had plucked the guitar pick out from between the strings, she began to strum along to the beat of the drums and started to sing:

First things first
I'mma say all the words inside my head
I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh
The way that things have been, oh ooh

Hey! I recognized this song! I looked around at the other trolls and, based on the confused looks I saw on their faces, they must've never heard it before, even though it was technically a rock song. She continued: