Chapter 10, under moonlight

Jisoo could barely speak. Every cell in her body, mind and sole was fixated on what stood in front of her, slowly drawing nearer and nearer to her. She was sure if she could see herself, she would have looked like an idiot.

Rosie had noticed her. For a second, a look of confusion had passed over her face, but as Jisoo reached her, the quiet smile returned once again, "You look lovely," She said.

Jisoo opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. How was she supposed to respond? Fake being well when she might never take a normal breath again? She wondered if Rosie had any understanding of what she was feeling.

"I saw you earlier," Rosie admitted, "But, you didn't seem too pleased."

Jisoo closed her mouth, thinking of when that could have been, drawing blank. A bad mood seemed like a fleeting memory from a lifetime ago now that Rosie was here. Up close, she felt like she was seeing Rosie for the first time again. Why has she never reacted like this before?

Finally, Jisoo found her voice, "I didn't mean to be cold."

Rosie's smile grew larger, "Yes you did, that's what you do."

"Not to you," Jisoo wondered if those words had truly fallen from her mouth. The florist's smile faltered, giving Jisoo her answer.

The woman in the simple pink gown, stood there, staring deeper and deeper into Jisoo's eyes. Every thought, every emotion, every movement, revealed itself to her, an open book only she could read. Jisoo had no idea why this woman had so much power over her.

"Will you stay with me, for a little longer?" Rosie asked.

Jisoo's reply was nearly instant, nearly. Of course Rosie was more important than the business men and woman around them, slinking through the shadows like hungry wolves. But, that was not what Rosie meant.

Jisoo realised that if Lisa had not brought her florist, she might have fallen through her fingers, never to be seen again. A tiny voice in Jisoo was begging her to snap out of this, to walk away from this haze and the trouble it would bring. It was nothing compared to the thunderous cry coming from her heart, which had lain dormant for so long.

"Yes," Jisoo said, one simple word, yet with more weight than anything else she had ever said.

Rosie understood, clearly. Her smile seemed to grow, making Jisoo's heart flutter for what felt like the first time. The business woman composed herself, trying her best to remain neutral, surrounded by the sea of judgement that could flood her at any moment. Still, she felt the edges of her mouth curve upwards, against her own will.

"You're smiling," Rosie stated.

"No I'm not," Jisoo lied.

The warmth in Rosie's eyes grew, "That is a very childish thing to say, Miss Kim."

"Really?" She retorted.

"I have never met a business woman so immature," Rosie countered, clearly lying.

"We're not at the office," Jisoo deflected, feeling the urge to laugh.

Rosie raised an eyebrow, "Is this not work to you?"

Jisoo stopped herself from groaning, "Don't remind me," She glanced around the room, catching some of her guests staring, "I should probably get back to them."

"Am I stopping you?"

Jisoo invited Rosie to accompany her, which she graciously accepted. Though she found the event to be much more bearable with Rosie by her side, Jisoo was still bored with the conversations she attempted to entertain. Luckily, the end was drawing near.

The once crowded room slowly began to filter out, the way Jisoo had seen many times before. The cream walls of the hall grew pale, like it was leaving with them. Even Lisa had decided to depart, dragging the staff out with her for, "A reward," as she put it. Soon, only Rosie and Jisoo remained, surrounded by ice cold walls under the soft gaze of the moon. A comfortable silence had rested over them and they admired it.

Under the moon, the colour had faded from Rosie's dress, but she was still extravagant in the eyes of the business woman. She turned to face Jisoo, "Can you hear it?" A confused look was all she received, "Music."

Jisoo listened and, sure enough, there was the gentle rythym of a band playing somewhere far off in the distance. 

Rosie held out her hand, "Dance with me."

Hesitantly, Jisoo accepted.

Rosie lead them, slowly spinning them around the room. Jisoo was painfully aware of Rosie's hand, which had been slowly moving from her waist to her lower back, drawing her in closer. Jisoo felt her own hand move its hold from Rosie's shoulder, snaking round her neck. She could practically feel her breath on her face, distracting her from their waltz.

Jisoo faltered.

They stopped dancing, the music fading away into obscurity. All Jisoo could truly focus on was Rosie, she felt as though she was trapped with her, but she did not mind one bit. Feeling a slight pressure on her back, Jisoo inched closer to her beauty.

"This is scandalous," Rosie whispered.

Jisoo's gaze fluttered between the florist's features, taking in her soft lips, "My executives won't be happy."

Rosie's grip on Jisoo tightened, "Am I bad for business?"

"Terrible."

Jisoo lost control.

Jisoo guided Rosie's head down towards her, gently pressing her lips against her new lover's. Rosie's arms moved to wrap fully around Jisoo's petite form, engulfing her. The business woman allowed her own to rest on either side of Rosie's neck, her thumb tracing her jawline. Like electricity, thought Jisoo.

Jisoo moved her head away from Rosie's looking into her eyes, her lips tingling. Rosie's breath was slow, her eyes were fixed on the business woman, she looked impatient. Once again Jisoo leaned forward, allowing their noses to touch, feeling a wave of energy rush through her from the limited contact, "You're beautiful." She breathed.

Rosie kissed her.

Wonder what Rosie thinks of all this...