Chapter 13, some time off

Nerves crawled over Jisoo as her car parked outside of Rosie's store. She had thought about bringing flowers but then she realised how stupid that was: her driver now had a lovely bouquet for his wife. As she got out of the car, she realised that this was her first real date since high school. How did that happen? She wondered.

There was no time to ponder, what was once a bouncing figure at the window made it's way to the door. An excited florist popped out of the store and tackled her dearest into a hug. Jisoo could not help but notice she was once again wearing her green flannel.

Jisoo accepted her embrace, "I assume this means you missed me?" She teased.

"Yes," Rosie whispered, her voice filled with sincerity.

After a moment, the couple got into the car, Rosie once again whispering into the drivers ear before settling in her seat. She turned to Jisoo, "What have you been up to?"

"Work."

Rosie frowned, "At the weekend?"

"Work."

Rosie's face saddened, "What about holidays?"

Jisoo let out a chuckle, "The head of a of a bird cannot fall asleep whilst in the air."

"Then land," Rosie suggested, "If you have time for me, you have time for a holiday."

"Maybe," Jisoo decided to leave out the fact that she had to shuffle some meetings around to be here, "As far as I see, the time I have now, with you, is limitless."

Rosie blushed, "If limitless is three hours then absolutely. An interestingly long lunch break."

"You took it too," Jisoo reminded, "I think it is absolutely necessary."

"Completely," Rosie's smile returned, brightening Jisoo's day, "Where do you think we're going?"

Jisoo raised an eyebrow, "A café?"

Rosie's smile grew a little, "Any... particular kind."

The business woman frowned, "It better not be vegan."

Rosie laughed, "No, don't worry about that."

Jisoo felt a smile pull on her mouth, "Should I be worried?"

Rosie placed her hand on top of Jisoo's, on Jisoo's lap, her warmth comforting her. Carefully, she intertwined their fingers, allowing Jisoo's hands to hold hers. Her voice softened, "Do you feel worried?"

Jisoo could barely speak, the way their hands moulded together just felt so right. The sheer beauty of whom brought it captivated her. Luckily, she found her voice, "You would be to if you were with someone as breathtaking."

"I am."

As both were equally flustered, the car turned to a comfortable silence. To Jisoo's complete humiliation, she could see a smile from her driver, clearly entertained by the two.

Looking out the window, Jisoo was surprised that she recognised some of the buildings. It was an area that Jisoo mostly considered to be overcrowded and unhygienic, meaning that she avoided it at all costs. As the drive continued, Jisoo began to recognise more and more. Where were they?

Soon, the car stopped on a very familiar street. Jisoo turned to the florist, "You took me here after Lisa's party."

With a confirming smile, Rosie hopped out of the car, Jisoo following suit. The two briskly walked into a café. Jisoo was instantly recognised by the manager, who rushed them behind a board, out of view of the window. Now in privacy, Rosie leaned in, "What do you think?"