Chapter 11, what Rosie thinks

It had been a week. Rosie had not seen her since. It seemed that her worst fears were proven right, everything nearly went back to normal, nearly. She had scoured through her contacts for Jisoo's number, but could not decide which one it was: the curse of running a business.

With patience, Rosie helped a senior gentleman out of her shop. He once again thanked the florist for her help picking out a gift for his wife. He came in looking for a bouquet, willing to spend money that he did not have to make it work, he left with a single red tulip. Sometimes it's the little things that matter, Rosie thought, like a phone call. Rosie knew that Jisoo probably did not even have her number anymore.

After making sure the man was safely on his way home, Rosie went behind the counter to her store room, taking out new flowers to replace the ones that had already been bought. That was the second best thing the gala had brought her, a boom in business. Though her shop was thriving, it had meant she was unable to go visit Jisoo at her office, dampening her usually bright mood.

As she carefully restocked the last of her daisies, she heard the quiet jingle of her door bell, letting her know someone had entered. Rosie continued to sort the arrangement, calmly calling out, "Can I help you?"

"Yes, I'm buying for a friend," a familiar voice replied.

Rosie turned to see none other than Jennie: Jisoo's weird assistant. Rosie vaguely remembered her from her brief experience of high school in New Zealand, albeit, Jennie had seen considerably cooler back then. The two were from completely different worlds; wealthy and poor. Still, Rosie knew enough about her to know she was too smart for friendly chit chats. The rich kid had been visiting her for weeks, once every week, pestering her. She had a smile plastered on, Rosie could not tell if it was real or not.

Nervous, Rosie laced her fingers together, "What sort of flowers are you looking for?"

Jennie's smile grew, "The one Miss Kim likes." She walked over to Rosie, leaning in to her ear, "Did you have fun at the gala?"

Rosie slinked away from her, flustered, "What are you talking about?"

The two openly stare at each other, trying to decipher the other. The assistant wins.

Jennie's eyes widened, "You kissed her, didn't you?"

Rosie felt her cheeks warm, "Jennie, be quiet."

"Oh my god."

Rosie grabbed her arm and moved her away from the store entrance, "Calm down."

"Oh my god!"

Rosie sighed, "Jennie."

The assistant points at her, "You kissed my boss."

Rosie gives in, "Yes..."

"On the lips."

Rosie's eyebrows furrow, "Where else do you kiss someone?" Jennie smiles, "Shut up."

The assistant releases herself from her grip, "This explains everything!"

Once again, Rosie grabbed her and dragged her to the store room, shoving her out of the doorways view, "What do you mean?"

Jennie relaxes, now out of the public eye, whatever was concerning her had clearly been eating at her for some time. Slowly, she takes in a breath, "Jisoo's been acting strange. She takes more reports, more projects. She's paying attention to her staff and accounting them in her decisions, not to mention her productivity has gone through the roof. It's like she has this new energy."

Rosie, glances out of the room, making sure no new customers had entered, "What does this have to do with me?"

"Did you not see her at the gala? She was practically drooling over you," Jennie smirked.

Rosie closed her eyes, how could she not notice? Jisoo had never looked at her like that before, nobody had. Her cold eyes had become so soft, her smile so natural. Rosie wanted to see that smile again. She wanted to feel the warmth of the lips they belonged to.

"Hello? Earth to Rosie?"

The florist tried to shake the thoughts out of her head, returning to the pest in front of her, "She was quite obvious..."

"Yes," Jennie studied her carefully, "You're serious about her. Aren't you?"

Rosie struggled to remove the vision of Jisoo's eyes from her mind, "I suppose I am."

Content, Jennie settled onto a wooden stool, "Then we've got a lot to talk to talk about. Close the shop."

Annoyed, Rosie crosses her arms, "I can't just close the shop. This is my income."

Rolling her eyes, Jennie took out her phone, "I have half an hour before I have to be back from my lunch break," She looked up at Rosie, "I need to tell you some things about Jisoo before then."

Rosie paused, pondering what the woman before her said. She looked at Jennie, only to find something genuine in her eyes that she had never seen before. She looked desperate. When she noticed Rosie's look change, her eyes flickered back to her phone like nothing happened.

Slowly, Rosie nodded her head before walking to the front of the store and flipping the sign to closed, locking the door. As she made her way back, she could not help but feel nervous for what she might learn. Her feet seemed to sink into the floor boards, every step heavier than the last. Carefully, Rosie leaned against the doorframe, "Start talking."

Jennie put her phone away, "Jisoo is the CEO of two chains and a fashion company," Jennie started, "But no one really knew her until last year. She had always been quite private, nobody could pin her for anything, then there was the scandal..."

Rosie sighed, "Going to a gay bar isn't a scandal."

"Maybe to you," Jennie retorts, looking sadder by the second, "A lot of shareholders pulled out after finding out her sexuality, there's still plenty she's on thin ice with. For a year, she behaved; no drinking, dating, the only parties she went to were Lisa's. Everything was for her company, everything..."

Rosie's eyes softened, "That must have been hard for you."

"I guess," Jennie shrugged, trying but failing to play it off, "Then you came along."

"Me?"

"I've never seen her so happy."

Rosie smiled at the thought, "I'm glad she's doing better."

"So am I," Jennie stood up and walked over to Rosie, handing her a small sheet of paper. Unfolding it, Rosie found a number scribbled inside, a number she recognised.

Rosie raised an eyebrow, "What is this?"

Jennie adjusted her jacket, "Jisoo's number. Call her, she doesn't have the guts to call you."

Rosie nodded, she turned around and heading back to the front of her store, the assistant following behind her. The two shared a brief smile, which Jennie broke, before the raven haired girl slipped out. After she left, the florist turned the sign on the door back to open. You better answer my calls Miss Kim, she thought.