Chapter 4

No one POV

"Arlo ,your lying!" Isen said .
This stunned second in the room because it seemed almost impossible for them to believe ,even John was having a hard time believing it .

"What did you say Isen?" Arlo said with venom dripping down his words

"I'm sorry if it offend you but that statement before was a lie,your breathing increase as did your heart rate, telltale signs of someone lying" Isen said looking extremely nervous

"Anyway, my next question is how did this all start and why did you say that this was the result of Arlo's actions" . Remi asked not wanting to look at Arlo.Seraphina pressing her her ear on the door listening extremely carefully .John closed his eyes on though

"It's a long story but it's best I start from and no interest till I'm done,When Seraphina got suspended and save any questions for after. She got suspended because Elaine ratted her out for having a copy of UnOrdinary in her room ,on Arlo's orders at the time I didn't know . Then the whole school came down on top of me because Seraphina wasn't around so I was basically free game. I just wanted my friend back so I took it one day at a time, not really caring .Then one day Ventus and Melli broke my phone so I couldn't contact Sera on Arlo's orders".

"A few days later I get surrounded by four mid-tier. I felt my power active ,then start to remember why I choose to stop using my power ,and then switch it off in that moment one of the mid-tier got in a sucker punch and knock me unconscious ,then they kept on beating me even when I physical couldn't fight back then next thing I know I wake up in the infirmary with Arlo by my side ,I suspected something was wrong and in hindsight I was right , I grabbed his collar and punched him ,then asked him why he pulled my hand off and said that he doesn't like an unfair fight and that they went over board so he felt that he had to step in . Then I insisted on paying back so I took him to Wobba boba ,he committed heresy over there and we went our separate ways ".

"So bit by bit the darkness started swallowing me again this time I didn't have anything to hold me in place ,not Unordinary ,not my dad, not even Sera. So that brings us to the day that I first used my power since I moved to Wellston. I met Arlo on the roof ,he gave me the usual story about low tier not being allowed on the roof and I said I won't tell if he won't ,got a chuckle and he asked me a question ,What kind of king is he if he allows someone to openly defy his will? I answered honestly I thought he would have been a good king because people are always going to be defying your will I was just surprised that it was just one person . Little did I know he was referring to me. Then he talked about how he is a perfectionist and would remove any imperfections in his way ,again in hindsight I should have seen the red flags ,and then we just made small chat the he mention he has errands to run I offered to help him with with it as I felt I owned him ,he reluctantly accepted so after school we went to Wellston turf war grounds, he needed to discuss some business with to students, I got suspicious when I saw Ventus and Melli there." John said opening his eyes to see Remi and Blyke focusing on his every word ,Arlo staring at the ground in shame ,Isen  staring at him with his ability still active and Elaine focusing on his story with a keen interest .

"Arlo then said Lock him down, Ventus and Melli sprang into action knocking me to the ground Melli craws digging into my back and Ventus standing guard over Arlo , Arlo then start  monologuing about how I should Know my place and how he orchestrated the past 3 weeks just to teach me this lesson ,from Ventus and Melli breaking my phone so I couldn't talk to Sera, the fake interview with Isen then he said the thing that final sent me over the edge I'm the one that got Seraphina suspended, at that moment I thought about the last two years , I swore to never use my powers again not even to protect myself ,I swore to be a better person than I was in New Boston , I swore never hurt people ever again. Then this man ,a man I did no wrong too , caused no harm too ,not only did he do this to me but had to drag the only person that cared about in this and he didn't even have the balls to do it himself ,he had to get other people to do it for him ,Isen, Ventus, Melli, Elaine ,all of them were nothing but puppets for him , the worst was they knew and still followed him ,he's never see them as equals and he'd never see them as friends, in his words I'm not interested in friends, a man who took a sick twisted pleasure in watching others suffer ,then the next thing I did was let the darkness pull me back down."