8

ENIOLA'S POV

It was really a bright Tuesday morning as lawyers adjusted their ties and their assistants running behind them to give them a breakdown on the day's turn in. I walked through the stairs with caution as I wanted to impress James with my black jumpsuit. I saw a familiar figure advancing towards me and I smiled and walked faster to catch up with him.

"You look more handsome than normal." I cooed.

"You look undeniably stunning Eniola." Ayo said ,blowing an invisible kiss.

"I know." I said.

I grabbed his hands and interlocked it as we walked towards our respective offices.

"So how's everything?" Ayo said smiling at me.

"Well it's been a roller-coaster." I chuckled.

"And James?" Ayo asked.

"Well he's not so bad and he's kind of annoying" I pouted.

"It's being a long time since I saw my best friend. He sees me as a colleague , ever since he became a judge. I have seen less of him and more of excuses," Ayo grunted.

"He has a really fat ego." I whispered.

"That's hilarious. Tell him I have to see him soon." Ayo said as he waved me goodbye.

I walked on avoiding the huge stares of female older lawyers that kept boring holes into my clothes. I quite understood that it was very tight but I loved it that way.

I reached the office to meet it wide open and saw someone eating an apple with his legs sprawled out on the desk reading a newspaper. I groaned in displeasure.

"That's no good way to sit." I teased.

"And that's no way to greet." John said, looking over the newspaper.

"I am not in the mood to exchange words with you." I said drawing out a chair opposite his.

"Likewise" John yelled.

I had no idea what to say. I was extremely bored as he diverted his attention away from me. I cleared my throat loudly.

"Do you like my outfit?" I smiled ,twisting the strands of my braided hair.

"Was that the reason why you intentionally barged into my office and deliberately scolded me for sitting inappropriately?" John tilted his head to look at me.

"Well I just wanted to make sure I looked appropriate." I smiled sheepishly.

"You look extremely appropriate." John said sarcastically.

"Anyways, Ayo wants to see you." I said standing up.

"Ayo?" John asked dumbfoundedly.

"You really do have a poor memory. How can you forget your best friend?.Your pictures are literally hanging over the wall." I gestured to the wall behind him.

"It's called old age." John pouted ,looking at the potraits hanging on the wall.

"Agreed." I said holding the door knob.

"And by the way your next case comes up on Thursday. I'll bring you the hearing in the afternoon," I said opening the door wider.

"Please close my door." John muttered.

I bolted the door and sat on my desk. I opened my bag to look for something to read ,something to keep my brain cells awake. I stumbled on a book titled Contract law. I flipped a page open and another. My eyes grew heavy after some minutes of aggressive reading and I succumbed to the sleep that was beckoning on to me.