23

JOHN'S POV

I twirled continously in my seat as I watched Kemi and Eniola discuss about celebrities. I wondered why females had a gripping passion for gossip. A smile was plastered on my face as I watched them bicker in delight. A loud noise disturbed my peace as Kemi and Eniola stopped arguing.

The telephone vibrated on my table demanding attention and I wondered why a telephone couldn't be silenced. I picked it up in a jiffy and let out a huge breath.

"Hello, How may I help you?" I asked, gripping the cords of the telephone tightly.

"My name is Aisha." The voice from the receiver replied in a thin voice.

"And what can I do for you?" I inquired, irritated by her slow voicing out of words.

"I was...raped by....." Aisha trailed off, breathing heavily.

"I am very sorry ma.But do you have a speech defect? If not, then please you have to talk." I stated, placing my elbow on the desk.

"I was raped by Danjuma few months ago." Aisha replied, breaking into sobs.

"Danjuma?" I yelled into the receiver, causing Eniola and Kemi to rush into my office.

"I want to get justice for what he did. I know he's in an hospital and he's going to bend his way out of the law but I don't want him to go scot free after breaking me." Aisha blurted out, sniffing.

"Then you have to get a lawyer to defend you in court. Do you understand?" I said standing up.

"Yes I do. Thank you so much." Aisha replied, hunging up the phone.

"What's going on?" Eniola asked, folding her arms.

"Well Danjuma raped someone few months ago and she wants justice. I think this case will ensure Danjuma goes to prison." I said, smiling sheepishly.

"That's great news. Let me get a case file and other things. Kemi, let's go." Eniola said, gesturing to Kemi with her fingers.

"And James, continue being a good man." Eniola added, bolting the door.

A sense of guilt crawled up into my veins. I couldn't even respond because I wasn't the man she thought I was and it was breaking me apart slowly. The facade I thought I could continue with was already breaking my heart. I heard a knock and I screamed.

"Come in!"

The figure was dressed in all black with a hoodie and a mask covering his entire outlook. He walked with a huge sense of confidence and awareness and his body structure was appealing.

"Who are you and what do you want?" I asked, putting my legs on the desk in a majestic manner.

"Can't you just disappear from my life?" The figure said, placing his hands in his pockets.

"Do you have to exist in my life?" The figure added, his baritone voice echoing round the corners of the office.

I walked up to the figure smiling. The voice seemed familiar and yet so strange. The deep voice didn't strike a bell in my memory.

"Who are you?" I asked, stamping my leg on the ground.

"How can you not remember me, dear brother." The figure replied, removing his hood slowly.

I couldn't believe it. This moment seemed completely impossible. I hoped that it wouldn't be the person I thought it would. The colors from my face drained completely as my imagination travelled wide. My breathing was ragged with fear as my soul was panicking violently. My pupils dilated as I was standing closely to the only person that looked completely like me in the entire world.