29

ENIOLA'S POV

Flashback

I walked into my favorite restaurant after my lectures and my stomach grumbled in excitement at the smell of the exotic dishes that filled the cold air. I rushed to the counter to order a meal but my heels didn't fit right with the ground and I fell on a person who was holding his tray of food. I gasped in embarrassment as the food particles was smeared on my white shirt and the contents in the tray were scattered on the ground . I stood up from the floor and raised up my head to apologize.

"I am very sorry. I didn't mean to ruin your meal ." I stuttered, taking huge breaths.

"It's alright. I think I have seen you before." He stated, pointing his thick long finger at me.

"I don't remember you at all." I replied, casting a quizzing look at him.

"You are Eniola Gbadamosi ,the sharp tongued woman. We met on Valentine's day." He exclaimed, striking his palm on his forehead.

"That's true. It's been three months. How did you expect me to remember?" I inquired, chuckling.

"Well you might have a bad memory, that's for sure." He snorted, folding his arms.

"You are James Bond right?" I asked, ignoring his former remark.

He bursted into a frenzy of laughter and sat down on a chair.

"Do I look like James Bond? You are really hilarious. My name is James Okafor." He stated, smiling sheepishly.

"Well you can't blame me." I replied, lowering my back into a seat.

"Wait, you destroyed my meal, so you have to pay for it." He ordered, pointing to the food particles on the floor.

"That's not necessary. I didn't ask you to pay for my dress when you wrecked it with a drink." I replied, placing a palm on my soft right cheek.

"And I also didn't yell at you when you fell into my meal." He taunted, folding his legs under the table.

"My shirt is already ruined with your food, why can't you understand that?" I asked.

"Can't we just discuss like normal adults?" I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Well what do you do, Miss Eniola? We have to buy time if you can't buy a meal for me." He smiled, displaying a awesome dimple at his right cheek.

"Well, I am a student at the University of Lagos, I am in law school." I replied, casting him a fake smile.

"Wow! Then you should be excited that you are seating before one of the best renowned and distinguished lawyers in Nigeria." He said, removing three buttons from his suit jacket.

"You are a lawyer?" I exclaimed, placing a palm on my lips in amazement.

"Of course. Don't forget I am also one of the best too." He chuckled, nodding his head.

"I won't forget that you are an arrogant one." I snorted, making irritable sounds with my mouth.

"Well a lawyer needs to have pride and I actually aspire to be a judge." He replied, banging the table lightly with his fingers.

"I also want to be a judge. We have something in common." I stated, shifting my position on the seat.

"Too bad we keep meeting in unfortunate situations." I added.

"Do you believe in fate?" He inquired, pushing his head forward in anticipation.

"I don't. I believe this is merely coincidental." I shrugged, as I called out to a waitress.