28

JOHN'S POV

I looked at the scenery before me, from the large glass windows. I saw cars filling the roads and the unpleasant noises that came with it. Children crossing the road in a frenzy and bus conductors calling out for passengers. The endless wails of food sellers calling out to customers on the street causing an enormous noise pollution wasn't left out.

"Where did James go? He said he was coming home yesterday. Something feels completely wrong." I muttered, placing my palm on my forehead.

"Maybe he slept at Eniola's house." I finalized, nodding my head.

The office doors opened to receive a beaming Kemi in a red fitting gown. I forced my cheeks to produce a smile but it ended in vain.

"Your outfit is beautiful Kemi." I said, bringing her to acknowledge my presence.

"Good morning sir." Kemi said, grinning.

"Good morning Kemi, How are you?" I said, picking up the newspaper.

"I am doing great sir. Should I get you coffee?" Kemi asked, leaning against the door.

"I am really not in the mood for beverages." I stated, squeezing my lips.

"Should I get you a plate of rice?" Kemi inquired, pushing further.

"I am not hungry either." I stated with a frown.

"Should I get a soft drink then?" Kemi inquired, pushing a leg into the office.

"I am really not in the mood at all, so I suggest you find something to do that doesn't involve you asking about what I want to eat. " I said, shooting daggers at Kemi.

"Well I got an information that there's a meeting for lawyers and judges at 10am to discuss about an upcoming conference, so that's the only schedule you have today." Kemi replied, folding her hands together.

"I don't think I would be able to attend. It's not complusory. Is it?" I inquired, raising a brow.

"To be honest, I think you should attend. It sounds important from the way I heard it." Kemi interjected, placing a hand on her chin.

"Then it doesn't sound important to me. Go find something else important to do or talk about." I replied, shifting my face away from Kemi's gaze.

"Eniola might be in traffic, it will only take twenty minutes for her to get here. I tried calling her." Kemi said, grinning like a child.

"Did I ask you any questions, Miss Kemi?" I asked, with irritation dwelling on my face.

"I thought you were angry because she's late to the office. It was just a silly guess." Kemi stuttered, taking two cautious steps backward.