10 | Spidey-Suit

Y/N

_

"What's the plan?"

I slid through the security doors and into Tony's lab, ready to get working. I had changed out of my business attire, and was wearing my usual nerdy t-shirt and jeans. To quote Stark, I could wear whatever the hell I wanted in the workshop (just not in public).

Tony was drilling something again, the buzz of metal hitting metal resonating loudly around the room. AC/DC blasted from the speakers, another one of the man's usual habits.

He looked up when he heard me enter the room, and tapped the screen in front of him.

"Designing the boys suit was easy enough," he said, a blueprint displayed above us, "but I could use your input."

"On what, specifically?"

"Oh, you know, you're a teenager, right?" Another one of his rhetoric questions, "what kind of stuff would he need to get around?"

"legs," I joked, "and shoes."

"I'll ignore that weak attempt of a joke, and pretend it never happened. I mean, weapon wise. I've got Friday, and this," he said, tapping the arc reactor in his chest, " so what would the kid need?"

I paused for a second, tugging at the side of my shirt. I hadn't given it much thought, but I supposed I'd need to tie in key components of the boy's powers, along with the given responsibility of a teenage boy. No offense, but I've seen how Peter could be. (aka: it took him 15 minutes to get me out of the webbing).

"If you start with the basics," I explained, tapping the screen to add to the blueprint, "you'd need a parachute. Now, seeing as the main fabric is Spandex, there isn't much you can do about high-altitude levels."

"Are you implying he'll be going to space?"

"Well, isn't that what the Avengers do?"

"He's not an Avenger, kid," Tony said, "at this point he's just an asset."

"Okay, so keep the spandex, and the parachute. Maybe if we feel fancy, a wing-suit would work too."

"Thoughts on adding an AI?"

"Friday?"

"No, Friday's mine. Not sharing."

"Right, so we'll make a different one then," I sighed, "add a few other features, like a reconnaissance drone and a heads-up display in the lenses, and we should be good to go."

His eyes glazed over the prototype in front of him, before nodding his head and picking up the drill. Tossing it to me, he made his way towards the door.

"Nice work, Melnitz," he said, "get to work."

"Are you leaving?" I asked, watching him grab his suit coat from a chair and slipping it on.

"Press conference in ten minutes," he said, "if you get that suit done in time, I'll make you a full-time apprentice."

"But I have school-"

"We'll talk later, just get the suit done."

He disappeared from the workshop, his dominating presence leaving with him. An anxious chill ran down my spine, as I stared at the empty workshop. I had never been in here alone before, and it put me slightly on edge.

"Friday...?" I squeaked out.

"Yes, y/n?"

"Oh! You work!"

"Why wouldn't I work? All systems are fully functioning."

"I was just surprised you answered me. I thought you could only answer Tony."

"I answer any of his first-level employees as well."

"First level?"

"Yes. Those who come into close-contact with him daily."

"Oh...sweet. Where does Tony keep all his tools?"

"It is in your hand."

"But I'm only holding a drill."

"That is the only manual tool he owns. Would you like me to open the Design Bar?"

"What's the design bar?"

A sudden mechanical whirring rang out along the room, and a digital workbench opened up from the wall. My mouth was agape with shock, actually, admiration, as I watched innovative tools appear.

"Woah... how do I use it?" I mumbled, "this is insane."

"I can transfer the blueprints, and start the creation process."

I grinned, setting the drill down.

"Well then," I smiled, "Let's get this thing started."