26 | The Stark Betrayal

Y/N

_

"This is his programming cube."

I pulled the device out of my pocket, and tossed it on the ground. The game-play projected into the air, and everyone around me leaned in to get a good look.

"He plans to intercept you here at the airport," I explained, "and then ship you off to the Raft."

"Who's on his team?" Wanda asked.

"Him, Rhodey, T'Challa, Vision, Nat, and... Peter."

"Who's Peter?"

"Spider-man."

"Natasha had a child?" Sam scoffed.

I stared at him blankly, "no, the two aren't related."

"Black widow... Spider-man..."

"Anyways," I continued, "we need to find a way to stop them from winning."

Steve was hunched over the cube, swiping through the plans. Scott had fallen asleep in the van again, Wanda looked bored out of her mind, Sam was still trying to figure out the whole bug concept, Hawkeye was sharpening his arrows, and Bucky was curled up in a ball on the ground.

"Can you take down Tony's suit?" Steve asked, "you know how his tech works, right?"

"I can't gain access through his firewall," I said, shaking my head, "I'm not authorized."

"But if we can take down Tony, we should be able to make a run for it."

"I can distract him, and Clint can snipe him with an arrow to the motherboard."

"What about that Peter kid?"

"I can take down his suit," I nodded, "I made it myself."

We continued to look over the plans, setting up a game plan to mirror Tony's. I managed to whip up a control watch that was linked to Peter's suit, but in all honesty, I hoped I wouldn't have to use it. Once Tony was taken down, Bucky, Steve and I would take one of the jets and get the hell out of there. They promised to take me to my dad after they were done with their mission.

I still couldn't believe he was alive. This whole time? I wanted to be angry, but the way the team spoke about him, I knew he couldn't have been a bad guy. I just didn't understand why he left me and my mother.

"All we have to do is wait," Sam said, "until the tin-man shows up."

"His suit's actually made of Nitinol," I shrugged, "it's a nickel-titanium alloy."

"No one cares, kid, it was just a joke."

"Not a very funny one," I mumbled under my breath, stalking off from the group.

The garage was empty, a deserted building of concrete and metal signs. I spotted Bucky sitting on the edge of the ramp, his legs swinging back and forth over the side. He still hadn't said a word to me yet, and I didn't know why.

"Hey," I said, hopping onto the ramp to sit next to him, "thank you for the plum."

He nodded, staring off into the view before him. We sat in silence for a while, before he surprisingly decided to speak.

"Sorry for knocking you out," he said softly.

"Don't worry about it, I probably would have started screaming if you didn't."

He grunted, but I could tell that was his version of a laugh. I didn't understand the man every well, but something about him intrigued me. Behind the intimidating mask he wore, he really seemed like a nice guy. He gave me a plum after all.