12 | Delmar's

Y/N

_

"Okay, so I lied," I laughed, "don't hate me for it."

The original thought in my head was to take Peter up to the workshop to see his new suit, but according to Friday, Tony still had some revisions to add to it.

"I'm a little bit scared," the boy chuckled, "but also excited? I'm not sure, I am getting a lot of mixed feelings."

"Don't worry," I smiled, patting him on the back, "your suit is in good hands."

Pushing open the glass doors of the tower, Peter and I walked out into the crowded city of Manhattan taking in the breeze. Tony said we had to get to know each other, after all, so we decided to adventure outside.

"What's the plan?" he asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest and rocking back and forth, "food?"

"I can't argue with that idea," I nodded.

"What are you in the mood for?"

I shrugged, sliding my hands into my pockets. Something was tucked into the corner of the seam, and I pulled it out in curiosity. A five dollar bill was wedged in between my fingers, the tips bent and crumpled.

"I forgot I had this," I laughed, "my mom gave me money for Delmar's a couple days ago, you know that place?"

Peter's eyes widened, and his mouth opened and closed like a codfish, struggling to find words.

"D-Delmar's?" he stuttered, "on twenty-first street?"

"Best sandwiches in Queens, baby."

"I know!" He beamed, turning to look at me, "I can't believe you go there! I go there all the time!"

I cocked a brow, genuinely surprised. It was no secret that he also lived in Queens, since I went to his apartment yesterday, but my heart skipped a beat when he admitted that we both went to the same deli. I had been going to Delmar's since I was in middle school, and the chances that he also went there were through the roof. How have we never met before?

"Let's go then, shall we?" I grinned, tilting my head.

_

Peter and I took a bus back to Queens, since riding the train was still an iffy thing for me to do. Even though I knew he'd be there by my side, it was still a scary thing to think about. The last thing I wanted was to have that memory play over and over again in my head.

"And one time Murph rolled on top of my gummy worms," Peter rambled, his eyes lit up with excitement, "and you know how fat he is, right? It took Mr. Delmar five minutes to get him off!"

"Sounds like Murph, all right," I added, "but there was this one time where I grabbed a hershey's chocolate bar, made my way up to the front, but whacked my knee on the newspaper stand and fell on my face!"

"I can feel your embarrassment right now."

"Well, Mr. Delmar felt bad, so he gave it to me free. Talk about a complete win!"

"Are you kidding me? He makes me pay extra just for talking!"

"You do talk a lot, to be honest," I teased, before his mouth fell open in a gasp, "I'm kidding!"

"Yeah, yeah, sure, sure."

I rolled my eyes, and grabbed the door handle, pushing my way into the deli. Peter followed after me, a skip in his step, and a smile on his face.