field trip - peter parker

A/N: What better way to start a oneshot book than with the classic "field trip to Stark Tower" story?
(Flash is more like the movies in this one. He doesn't actually beat Peter up, he's just verbal.)

Summary:

"Peter Parker, intern. Welcome back, Petey-Pie."

Peter blushed, laughing. "Really? Of all the nicknames?"

"Would you prefer I call you Baby Spi-"
"Oh, no, FRI, Petey-Pie is fine, thanks!" Peter cut her off before she could reveal his alter-ego.

"Anytime, Petey-Pie."

Peter's spidey-sense told him that everyone in his class was staring at him. He turned to them, looking slightly sheepish.

"I told you guys I worked here."
...
Peter Parker had always had a hunch that some celestial being somewhere had it out for him. After all, his Parker Luck™️ was unparalleled. But never before had he gotten solid, irrefutable proof that there was an actual force behind it.

Now, as he looked down at his paper, he couldn't deny the involvement of some pissed-off god somewhere.
Because there, in big bold letters, said:

FIELD TRIP TO AVENGERS TOWER!

Peter blinked once, twice. If he wasn't absolutely frozen in disbelief, he might've laughed hysterically at his own awful luck. He was going on a field trip to his second home.
Beside him, Ned nudged his arm and snickered a little.

"Only you, bro."

Peter scoffed lightly, and was about to respond when-
"Hey dickwad!"

The hairs on the back of Peter's neck stood up as Flash spoke behind him. "Think you can introduce me to Stark?"

Before Peter had to answer, the bell mercifully rang and he stuffed the permission slip in his bag and headed out the door into the packed hallways while listening to Ned ramble about their Spanish test. Every few sentences or so Peter would comment, and soon they reached the front doors and escaped the crowd of students.

"Bye, dude." Ned said while doing the handshake with Peter. "Tell me what happens."
"Yeah, I will." Peter watched Ned disappear into one of the buses, then turned around and started searching for Happy.

He scrambled into the car, shutting the door behind him.

"Hey Hap!"

"Hey kid. You buckled?" Happy looked back.

"Yep! You won't believe what happened at school today-" The divider rolled up.

Peter grinned. He knew that deep down, Happy cared.
...

"So, kid." Tony clapped his hands together and leaned back in his chair.

"How was school? Usually you go on a rant about your day by now."

Peter grimaced a little, and looked up from the project he was working on. "Mr. Stark... did you organize a field trip here for my class?"

Tony gaped at Peter, and then started cracking up.

"Are you serious? God, kid."

"I know."
"Only you, kid. Only you." Tony snorted.

"I've been hearing that a lot lately." Peter grumbled.