flash - peter parker

Man, fuck flash am i right

i wrote this oneshot at 11pm, dont judge me too harshly
...

Summary: Sometimes, you just gotta let your weird sort-of dad figure yell at your bullies for you.

...

"Aye, Parker! Did you mean to look homeless today or did it just happen?"

Peter gritted his teeth as Flash bumped past him in the hallway. "Not today, Flash."

"Oh, sorry, didn't realize you were on your period today." Flash gave him a shark-like grin. "Too bad I don't give a shit."

Peter was so done for the day. He had a surprise quiz in history that he didn't study for, an essay given that was due the next day, and he had spilled chemicals on one of his favourite shirts.

With all this garbage piled on him, he made the fatal mistake of saying, "Shut up, Flash."

Flash made an "oooh" sound as he moved closer, trapping Peter in. "What is poor, little Puny Parker gonna do about it? Get another set of parents killed?"

"Shut up." Peter muttered as he tried to go past, only to get blocked in by Flash.

"So, Parker. Did you kill your parents or did they just off themselves to get away from you?" Flash was in his face, sneering. "You're on, what? Your third dad? I bet this one won't last long, either, or your whore auntie—" Peter's eyes darkened and he shoved Flash without thinking.

"Shut the hell up!" His spidey sense went off, and he just moved his head in time to dodge a fist. Flash slammed his knuckles right into a locker, yelping in pain.

Shaking his hand out, the bully glared at Peter. "Oh, now you're in shit."

Peter's sense tingled again, but this time he ignored as a fist flew into his gut and he groaned. He took a few more badly aimed punches before finally retaliating.

In a last ditch attempt to get away, Peter tripped Flash with a sweep of his feet and scrambled back up. Of course, that happened to be exactly when a teacher arrived on scene.

Mrs. Lewell crossed her arms as she turned from Flash groaning on the ground to Peter standing over him, eyes wide and palms sweaty. Frowning deeply, she said, "Parker, Thompson. Office."

Peter sighed and hoisted his bag back onto his shoulder. So much for staying out of trouble.
...

"Excuse me, is this the guardian of Peter Parker?"
Tony frowned. He had just come out of the workshop to a call from the school. "I'm he. Is there an issue?"

"Your child has been involved in a fight, and needs picking up."

"Uh, got it." Tony was more than a little shocked. Peter? In a fight? He grabbed his keys and hopped in the elevator, determination setting in. There must be a reason, and he was gonna figure it out.
...

Peter slumped in his seat, feeling the judgemental stares of the teacher and the principal. Flash was in the middle of telling Mr. Morita a (more than biased) account of what happened (I was just minding my own business, he attacked me—) and judging by their nodding heads, they believed it.

Of course, that probably had more to do with how the Thompson family funded half of the school's projects and electronics, but the result would be the same either way. Peter would be blamed, evidence and video surveillance be damned, and he would be the one in deep trouble, yet again.

Flash was tearfully recounting Peter's "brutal assault" when the door swung open and Tony Stark walked in with a flourish. His eyes scanned the room and lit up when they landed on Peter. He strolled over and plunked himself in the seat, casually ignoring the dropped jaws of the people around them. He turned to face Peter.

"Hey, kid. Mind telling me why I got a call?"

Peter bit his lip and looked to the ground. "I got in a fight."

"Yeah, but that's just it. You don't get in fights." Tony tilted his head.

"M-Mr. Stark, your student attacked a peer unprovoked—" Mr. Morita started.

"Ah, ah!" Tony tutted at the teacher, palm up. "I've already checked surveillance. If you had done what you were supposed to do and put one iota of energy into finding what happened, you would know, that—" He placed down his phone, clicked a button and a hologram of the security footage from the hallway popped up.

Sure enough, Flash was the one spitting in Peter's face and punching him in the gut, not the other way around. Morita and Lewell were speechless, while Flash sputtered excuses. Morita recovered first, blinking repeatedly.

"Well— I'm sure he had his reasons—"

"Had his reasons? Had his reasons?" Tony roared, standing up from his seat. "Two seconds ago you were about to suspend my kid for something he didn't do, and now you're making excuses for the little shithead that beat him up!" Morita opened his mouth repeatedly, but no noise came out.

Tony continued after seeing his shock. "And though your shitty cameras might not have audio, I'm damn well sure that if I asked anyone who watched, they would tell me that this kid right here," he pointed to Peter, "was entirely the victim."

Flash made a choking noise as Tony's glare landed on him. "And you. If you ever come near my kid again, you'll have all 23 of my lawyers and the Avengers on your doorstep. So if I were you, I'd cut my losses and buzz off."

With that, he placed a hand on the small of Peter's back and helped him up. On the way out the door, he tossed over his shoulder, "I'm taking this to the board. Just a BT-dubs." Leaving the three inside, still processing what had just happened.
...

Peter was silent the whole time, including the walk to the car. When the door closed, however, he finally broke his silence.

"You didn't have to do that, you know." He fiddled with his thumbs and stared at the floor.

"Yes, I did, kid. If not for you, for wiping the snobby expressions off the faces of those three dumbasses." Peter's eyes snapped up to meet Tony's.

"It's fine, it's not the first time—"

"What do you mean it's not the first time?!" Peter winced as the billionaire's voice rose. "I was... joking?"

Tony scoffed. "Yeah. Okay, kid." When Peter's gaze reverted to the floor, he sighed. "I just... I hate seeing you let people walk all over you, Pete."

"I know, Mr. Stark."

"For the last time, call me Tony."

"Sure thing, Mr. Tony." A small smile grew in Peter's face, so Tony counted it as a win.

"Kid... I lied about the audio." Peter's eyes widened at the confession. "I figured you wouldn't want to hear it again, especially in front of those two douches, but for the record, I'm not going anywhere. Neither is May."

Peter's eyes unexpectedly watered, and he gave his cheek a quick swipe before saying, "I know," in a rough voice. Tony sighed and gestured for Peter to come closer, and Peter let his head fall on the man's shoulder with a sniffle as his arms reached around him.

Tony returned the hug, resting his head on Peter's and gently rubbing the boy's back. "You're the best of us, kid. You'll always be the best of us."

...

I felt like doing a flash oneshot with a wholesome ending. if u want more like this comment!

remember to request and vote
-author