and the sky fell down - tony

(disclaimer: im usually not into those whole 'reverse snap' oneshots where tony is snapped instead of peter, but I saw this really cool version and I want to try it out.)

Summary:
Tony wakes up on Titan after five years. Imagine his surprise to find out that his kid is fighting the universe's craziest pair of saggy purple balls.
~~~

Tony groaned as he opened his eyes. It felt like he was in a sandstorm, dust swirling and grain assaulting his eyes. His lids felt heavy and he wanted nothing more than to shut them again, but a tall shadow fell over him and jostled him awake.

"Stark," A deep, familiar voice pierced through his exhaustion. "Get up, we need to fight."

Tony grimaced, eyes still closed. "Five more minutes."

"You've had five years. Let's go." Those words made him snap his eyes open, even against the bright lights. Strange was standing over him, looking as constipated as ever.

"Wait, what? Where's Peter—" "On earth and currently fighting Thanos, now let's go." A rough hand gripped his wrist and hauled him up. Around him and Strange, the guardians were having similar reactions to their predicament. Tony still had so many questions (what happened? where are we going? why the fuck is Peter fighting Thanos?) Strange spared him no answers, only waving his arms and saying, "This is what's happening right now. Prepare yourselves to fight."

One of his signature sparkly circles opened up to a scene of destruction. In the heaps of rubble that Tony recognized as the Compound, an intense battle ensued between a huge, hulking mass and three other, smaller figures. In horror, Tony recognized the blue-and-red metal suit hurtling towards Thanos as Peter, just as he knocked Thanos back with a well-placed kick, as Steve and Thor caught their breaths.

Tony tried to go through to help his boy, but Strange held him back with an arm. "It's only a window to what is happening. We can't go yet."

Thanos growled and tried to grab at the spider, but he kept dancing just out of Thanos' reach and landing small, effective blows. Tony would be lying if he said there wasn't a spark of pride in his chest, but it was mainly overshadowed by the panicked voice saying "fuck, Peter's gonna die," thundering in his head. Thanos finally grabbed Peter's neck and slammed him to the ground while the boy scrabbled at his hands. Thanos slammed him a couple more times for good measure before tossing him towards them and continuing his attack on the other two.

The cycle continued until Peter was the last one left standing. It was almost a beautiful sight as the boy stood, favouring his left leg, watching the sky fall towards him as Chitauri ships and aliens alike screamed for his blood. He stood his ground, this boy, and Tony finally decided to do something. He opened up the suit comms. "Hey, kid."

By the look of Peter shooting up, spine straight, he had heard Tony, so he continued. "Just sit tight one more second, bud. I'm coming for ya." Peter's back sagged in relief as portals began opening, bringing hundreds of allies from Wakanda to god knows where else.

Finally, Strange opened their portal and Tony walked through, aching to see his kid again. Before, though, he reminded himself, they had to win this battle.

He flew into battle with the rest of their misfit army, punching and shooting and dodging and getting lost in the adrenaline of the fight. It wasn't until a larger alien cornered him and growled that he even realized that he could die here. As the creature swung its arm to stab him, its hand was caught in a familiar web, getting flung backwards and crushed by Ant-Man.

Tony looked back from the alien pancake to see a boy... no, a young man staring at him. He had gotten taller, definitely taller than Tony. His frame was more full but still lean, and his jawline had sharpened. But he still had the brown, messy hair that he always used to complain about and the wide, brown doe eyes that lit up whenever someone mentioned Star Wars. Peter Parker stood in front of him, jaw open and eyes scanning him up and down as if he isn't sure Tony is real.

"Hey, kid. I've had a hell of a day. First, the shitshow at Titan, then I wake up and Strange is like 'grunt, grunt, we have to fight Thanos', and then I— Hey, underoos, why the long face?"

Peter had been starting to look like a kicked puppy dog while Tony spoke, and when he heard 'Underoos' he gave a choked sob and launched into Tony's arms.

"Nobody calls me underoos, Mister Stark," He sniffled. His voice had gotten significantly deeper, Tony realized.

He harrumphed, holding onto Peter like a lifeline, carding his hands through the boy's hair. "That'll have to change."
...

I don't know if I want to do a reverse snap too. I love the idea but I really want to leave this oneshot on a happy note.

Tell me what yall think.

-me