Is This The End?

"My god..."

I couldn't see very well...or hear anything. All I could feel was pain. All over myself. Where am I? What's happening? Why does everything hurt?

The answers came slowly, one at a time.

Oh yeah, I thought, I've been taken captive...they're torturing me.

It was hard to pinpoint exactly where all this pain was coming from, but...it came from everywhere.

Wait...it feels like...something's hitting me. In my shoulder...

All my thoughts were slow and painful. It hurt to think. I looked over, and through all the pain I could see...oh god...they're cutting through my arm.

Oh no...no no no no no...I don't...AGH!

I felt the cold, dead, metal of the blade strike and go deeper into my shoulder. I could feel the hot, sticky blood pouring from the open wound. I could feel the bones in my arm crack and split under the immense force.

No...I don't want this...

I finally felt one final swing, and all the pain in my arm was gone. Because my arm wasn't apart of me anymore. My vision cleared, and I looked down at the ground in front of me, only to see my bloody severed arm laying there.

I wanted to scream.

I couldn't.

I'm going to die here, aren't I? I, one of the best soldiers in the 51st...I'm gonna die in some little hole in the end of the galaxy. Three months of starving, endless torture, and pain...a one-way ticket to death.

I laughed slightly at my situation. If only...if only I wasn't going to bleed to death. I could feel tears drip down from my face, and I just couldn't endure this anymore. Did they finally break me? No. They've only forced me to recalculate the time I had left. I had to take this chance. It was my only way out.