( eight ) I have to insult you at least once a day.

╔═════ ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽:"𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊 𝚍𝚊𝚢

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽:
"𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞
𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊 𝚍𝚊𝚢."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

THE GROUP, STILL obviously shaken up from what they had experienced, all went back to Mike's basement where they decided to spend the night even though they didn't plan on sleeping. After what happened to her, Will didn't really want to leave Mackenzie's side. She didn't mind and let him hold onto her hand the entire night. When Mackenzie had looked in the mirror at her shoulders, light purple bruises were beginning to form in the shape of fingerprints. Will's jaw had been clenched in anger, but she was quick to assure him that she would be okay, even though her shoulders hurt like a bitch.

The next morning, Eleven wanted to try and find Hopper since she hadn't seen him since the other night and he wasn't answering any of El's calls she made on the telephone. She sat on the couch with a blindfold around her eyes, the television playing static in the background. The rest of them sat around, watching her in anticipation. Mackenzie resisted the urge to throw up at the blood dripping from El's nose and distracted herself by rubbing her thumb back and forth on Will's knuckles.

"I found him," El announced.

"Where is he?" Max asked.

"Woods."

Lucas looked confused. "Woods?"

"He's with . . . Will's mom."

Mackenzie raised an eyebrow at that.

Will shared a confused look with Mackenzie before leaning forwards. "My — my mom?"

"What are they doing?" Max questioned.

"Ill . . . annoy." Mackenzie blinked. Um, what? "They're going to Ill-annoy."

A knock was heard from the top of the stairs. "Mike, breakfast!" his mother yelled.

Mike turned to face the stairs. "Not now, mom!" He then quickly turned back to El. "Illinois? Illinois, like the state? The state of Illinois?"

El took off her blindfold and shrugged in confusion. "Ill-annoy."

Mackenzie shook her head and stood up, holding out her hand to El as she let go of Will's. "Come on, let's go get you cleaned up."