( BONUS - HAWKINS LAB ) tell me my name.

╔═════   ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓑𝓞𝓝𝓤𝓢 - 𝓗𝓐𝓦𝓚𝓘𝓝𝓢 𝓛𝓐𝓑:"𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎

𝓑𝓞𝓝𝓤𝓢 - 𝓗𝓐𝓦𝓚𝓘𝓝𝓢
𝓛𝓐𝓑:
"𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

hawkins, indiana. circa 1984.

SEEING MEN IN white hazard suits was enough to get Mackenzie Tate panicked. After Bob Newby had connected that Will's drawings were a map of Hawkins, they rushed out of the house to go save Chief Hopper. Joyce and Bob had gone into the hole covered in vines while Mackenzie, Mike, and Will stayed outside. Now, those men were going into the hole.

To do what? Burn it.

One of the men turned on his blowtorch, moving it across the walls. However, immediately after he had done so, Will dropped to his knees and let out whimpers of pain.

Mackenzie put her hands on his shoulders, trying to get him to look at her. "Will, what's wrong?"

Will flipped onto his back, letting out a high-pitched scream as he body convulsed. Mackenzie's eyes widened in horror and Mike grabbed her waist, pulling her back away from him. He gathered the girl in his arms and moved her head so it was turned into his chest. Mike didn't want her to watch her best friend go through this right now, and frankly, he didn't want to watch either. He rested his chin on top of her head and averted his eyes away, holding Mackenzie tightly.

The next thing Mackenzie knew, she was running down the hallway of Hawkins Lab. How she got there was fuzzy. Her worry about Will clouded her brain to the point where all she could feel was Mike gripping her hand and the sensation of her Converse hitting the linoleum floor. Will was screaming and clutching his body in pain while Joyce tried to reassure him that he was going to be okay.

They brought him into a room where he continued to scream. Mackenzie felt her heart pound as she watched Will.

"Vitals?" a nurse asked.

"Heart rate two-twenty, temperature's one-oh-six." Another placed an oxygen mask on his face. "Will, where does it hurt?"

"All over," he groaned.

Tears made their way into the back of Mackenzie's eyes. She didn't have the strength to control them, so she let them fall freely down her cheeks. Mike noticed this and put his arms around her, tugging her in close.

"He says he feels like he's burning. Check for burns," Doctor Owens ordered.

They cut open his shirt, and Mackenzie was surprised to see that there were no burns on his body. It was just his skin, but starkly pale compared to what it normally was.