( thirteen ) damn, what happened to you?

╔═════ ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷:"𝚍𝚊𝚖𝚗, 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞?"

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷:
"𝚍𝚊𝚖𝚗, 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞?"

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

TRIGGER WARNING: blood!

MACKENZIE CRASHED INTO Will as Nancy spun the car around at the convenience store. Her mind was still trying to comprehend all of the events that had just happened. If she was this terrified, she couldn't even imagine what Will was going through. And she couldn't believe she was just about to spill her deepest darkest secret to him in that cabin. Everything . . . it was all pressuring against her skull.

They all got out of the car, Will and Mackenzie still holding hands despite being away from the Mind Flayer. It was comfort for the two of them. They didn't mind.

Nancy picked up a rock and threw it at the window, shattering the glass so they could enter the store. She led them down one of the aisles, eventually finding one with all of the medical supplies. Nancy grabbed rubbing alcohol and gauze pads off of the shelf before turning to Max and Mike, who were holding Eleven up.

"Okay, get her down." They lowered her to the floor, and Nancy crouched down next to her. "Okay, let me see."

Nancy reached over and pulled her pant leg up. The group let out noises of disgust. Mackenzie looked over, but instantly regretted it. The wound was deep and spilling out a red liquid.

Blood. If it wasn't obvious, Mackenzie hated blood. She got nauseous even with a little bit, such as when El's nose bleeds when she uses her powers, but she always suppressed it. However, El's leg was gushing blood, so Mackenzie was completely overwhelmed. Her wound dripped it onto the ground, staining the once white floor red. Mackenzie's eyes widened and she felt herself go pale. She staggered backwards, feeling the contents of her stomach rise into her throat.

Will looked over at her grabbed her shoulders. "No. No, no, no, Mack, it's okay."

"What's wrong with her?" Max asked in concern.

Mackenzie shook her head while still staring at the cut. She was afraid to speak, because she knew once she opened her mouth, she would throw up everywhere.

"Blood," Lucas answered. "Kenzie hates blood. It makes her sick."

Will moved her to lean her back against the shelves of the aisle. He maneuvered her gently to slide down the shelves and sit on the ground. Her eyes were still locked on Eleven's wound, almost as if she were in a trance. She couldn't look away no matter how hard she tried.