Chapter 8- Deal Struck

Akira's POV-

"With everyone?" He said in mild disbelief which caused a frown to appear on Goro's brow, "you actually want me to set you up with everyone?"
"Is that a problem?" Goro retorted, failing to hide his anxious undertone.
"No! I was just surprised... even Ryuji?"
"Especially Sakamoto." Goro said with a nod. Akira felt his own face soften the longer he looked at Goro. He seemed to be really trying to redeem himself.

"Alright. I'll help you, but Ryuji might be a tough one..." he said offhandedly and Goro must have caught onto his off tone because he looked confused.
"Sakamoto was quite pleasant the last time I was with him," He said, his voice posing the statement as a sort of question.
"Yeah, it's just he has had a bit of a rough time lately..." He lied quickly. He shouldn't be so worried about hurting the other boy's feelings, but it felt wrong telling him that Ryuji had complained to the whole group chat about him.

"Oh I hadn't realised," Goro said, shifting in his spot, "if it's a problem with hanging out I understand, but if it weren't just Sakamoto and I, would that be better?" He seemed almost hesitant to ask, but Akira felt only relief. If he could tag along Ryuji might be more inclined to accept. There was no way he could convince Ryuji to hangout solely with Goro Akechi, especially after the calling card fiasco.
"I think a larger group might help, I could tag along if you wanted?" Akira saw something flicker in Goro's eye, but then he smiled,
"That sounds wonderful!"

Akira smiled as well. He had managed to both keep Goro's feelings unhurt and had also saved Ryuji from spending alone time with Goro. That was a win win in his mind. It also wasn't like he had anything better to do as he was a wanted criminal at the moment, so a little bit of socialising that wasn't only with Morgana would do him some good. Getting outside a bit was nice after being solitary inside the cafe for the past couple weeks.

He heard the sound of padding feet coming up the stairs.
"The meeting has been adjourned for now and everyone's gonna head out in a minute if you want to say goodbye." The cat mewed and Akira nodded. He got up from his spot next to Goro and only just realised how close they had been sitting even with Akechi's constant scooching away. Had he pushed the joke too far? He turned away awkwardly and started towards the stairs. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Goro rise too. He quickened his pace subconsciously and jumped the last few steps.

"I have returned!" He announced and his friends turned their gaze onto him,
"Indeed you have." Answered Yusuke conversationally, "we were all about to head out if you don't have anything left to discuss,"
"Nope, consider yourselves free for today." He mused striding over to the bustling table as everyone began to grab their belongings they had brought. "Except you, we gotta talk." He said pointing to Ryuji who looked extremely taken aback.
"What have I done!?"
"Oooo Ryuji's in for it now!" Futaba cheered, her hands clapping together in an excited fashion,
"Don't encourage it!" Ryuji threw a dirty look at Futaba, his eyes flicking immediately back to Akira in anxious confusion.

"Wanna hang out?" He said, relishing in the mood he had brought on in Ryuji.
"Dude... why you gotta make it out that I've done something wrong..." Ryuji said finally, his voice low, "not cool." He shook his head and sighed, "but alright. Shibuya or nah?"
"He's over it?!" Haru exclaimed, stopping midway through returning her empty mug to the counter.
"And Ake- Goro is coming." He added with a small smile as he saw Ryuji's face fall.
"I repeat. Not. Cool." Akira felt happy that Goro had decided not to come down the stairs yet and that Ryuji had the kindness to lower his voice.

"Please? Do this for me, I got you out of going alone with him." Akira whispered to him, checking behind him to make sure Goro still hadn't come down.
"I would've just refused!" Ryuji whisper-shouted back, looking completely beside himself.
"That's the problem! You will hardly even have to interact that much with him, it'll be fine! Come on, you big baby just suck it up and hang out with us." Ryuji simply shook his head, looking resigned,
"You should just give me your credit card or something cos you now owe me food for life." Akira beamed despite the inevitable hole this would make in his wallet.
"Knew you would come around." He laughed, clapping a hand to his shoulder.

"Oh and are we able to send out the calling card tomorrow instead, I don't think Ryuji's gonna be in any sorta fighting mood after today." Akira gave a sidelong glance at Ryuji who groaned disapprovingly,
"We're cutting it close, but I can see where you're coming from," Futaba said as she packed away her laptop into a small bag she had brought along with her, "I'm cool to do it tomorrow."
"Ryuji's gonna be all mopey," Morgana chirped from Akira's left and Ryuji hung his head.

Akira said goodbye to everyone as they left until it was only him, Morgana and Ryuji still downstairs in the cafe.
"Akechi still not down yet? I could've sworn he had stood up to follow us." Morgana mewed, head lolling lazily off the side of the booth seat he was laying on.
"Guess we won't be able to hang out, real shame." Ryuji gave a snort, earning himself a reproving glare from Akira. Akira was about to climb the stairs to see what had held the detective up, when he saw a pair of feet descending slowly.
"Oh Sakamoto, you're still here? I was under the impression that everyone had departed already." Goro said as he stopped at the bottom of the stairs glancing to Ryuji and then to Akira.

"We're hanging out, the three amigos." Akira grinned enthusiastically and he swore he saw an expression similar to amusement fall upon Goro's face.
"Wait three?! What am I, a piece of rubbish on the side of the road?!"
"No cats allowed." Akira said with finality,
"How many times do I have to tell you, I'm not a cat! This is outrageous, but fine, have your fun." Morgana hissed.
"I'll carry the Mona bag." Ryuji offered quickly before Morgana could do his signature walk off move. Akira looked over at Goro in a way to see if this was alright with him and he received a warm smile,
"The more the merrier." How was it possible for someone to look that angelic? The small smile that softened his features only seemed to add to this look. It was no surprise this guy had gotten so popular. He only realised he had spaced out in his own thoughts when the loud voice of Ryuji calling his name brought him back to his senses,

"So, Akira and I were thinking it would be cool to go to Shibuya and find something fun there,"
"I'm feeling like going to the arcade right about now." Akira said in a thoughtful tone that elicited a grin from the blonde boy.
"Hell yeah, I gotta agree man."
"What about you Goro?" The name fell lightly on the air like a tune to a song.
"That sounds great."