Chapter 10- Tea and Coffee

Whispers seemed to follow them as the 3 of them and Morgana in the bag, were guided to their booth. After a while spent playing various different games at the arcade, they had proposed that lunch was in order. They had decided on the diner just up the road, but upon entering, Goro's appearance seemed to have sparked a sort of chatter around them.

"A-Akechi! Is that actually him?"

"What's he doing here?!"

"Should I ask for an autograph?"

"It's like they think you don't ever show yourself in public." Morgana groaned from the bag as he stuck his head out to investigate the newfound chatter. Goro gave him a sidelong frown. Akira personally found the whole situation amusing as hell. Although this kind of attention that Goro was constantly under must become tiring and annoying, being a bystander was great.

"U-uh... A-akechi? We were just coming to say hi, we're huge fans!" two girls had broken away from their table and were now standing rather awkwardly at their own, eyes solely on Goro and bypassing Ryuji and himself as if they were part of the scenery. He saw Goro's head turn and the television smile hitch itself onto his face effortlessly.
"Oh it's very nice to meet you two, I truly hope I'm able to live up to your expectations." He twinkled, somehow making the cafe seem dark in comparison to himself. Akira could've sworn he saw the girl on the right blush. The other one giggled in what he suspected was meant to be endearing fashion and smiled,

"Of course! Uh, we were also wondering if you would like to join us at our table? Your friends would also be welcome to come too." She said, finally taking notice of Akira and Ryuji who had been sitting there silently during this whole exchange. Ryuji looked eagerly at Goro with a look in his eye Akira knew all too well.
"I'm really sorry, but today we were just hoping on having a quiet lunch." Goro simpered sadly, "I'd be happy to oblige another time though, if I bump into you two again I'll make sure to make it up to you." He winked and both girls looked completely flustered. Akira nearly burst out laughing.
"I-I'll... yes that sounds amazing! We'll leave you three be then." The first girl said sweetly, pulling the other girl away with her and back to their table.

As soon as they were out of earshot Ryuji turned to Goro, exasperated.
"Dude! What the hell!? Did you even see how hot they were?!" Goro gave him a sour look and took a sip of his tea.
"Ryuji has no class." Morgana purred,
"No class?! I mean any normal person wouldn't shoo away 2 girls who are all too obviously into you! Especially when there are two!" Ryuji shook his head looking deflated.
"What? You think you'd have a shot with them?" Akira pointed with a small smirk. Ryuji sighed heavily and rested his head tiredly in his palm,
"Well there's no harm in trying, is there...? But this dude," he pointed a finger at Goro who raised his eyebrows at the sudden confrontation, "he definitely has a shot and he just let it go, what's up with that?!"

"As I said, Ryuji has no class."
"Cram it cat and let the man answer!" Goro stared at him for a moment and then opened his mouth,
"The whole dating fans isn't a good look, I feel it's better if you keep those aspects separate."
"That's such a lame excuse..." Ryuji groaned, grabbing a handful of chips from the middle of the table and stuffed them into his mouth, "you're pretty lucky dude..." Goro narrowed his eyes at him,
"Honestly I'd rather it never happened, I'd happily trade it off to you if I could."
"WHAT!" Ryuji exclaimed loudly, causing a couple of people to turn around in alarm. "Ok there's definitely something wrong with you!" Akira kicked him hard under the table and Ryuji recoiled with a little 'ow'. "Fine, have it your way."

"No cl-"
"I don't want to hear a word out of you." Ryuji growled at Morgana who had once again poked his head out of the bag. Ryuji sighed and buried his head in the crooks of his arms, "what's a man gotta do..."
"Maybe you're looking in the wrong spot dude. Those guys in Shinjuku seemed pretty interested." He heard a disgusting noise from Ryuji and a pair of eyes poked out from the arms shielding them.
"Well I wasn't." He said shortly and groaned again. Akira laughed,
"Well you could always try asking Ann out-"