Chapter 22- Akihabara

"So this is your idea of fun" Akira heard a thoroughly uninterested Goro say as Futaba practically smooshed her face to the glass of a nearby window display.
"You said it was my choice," Futaba replied with a huff, "I want no complaints."
"It's almost funny seeing Akechi in this sort of place." Morgana said thoughtfully, his head poking out of the bag like some odd protuberance. Akira privately agreed. Seeing Goro in such a lively area surrounded by pop culture just didn't seem his style. Though that might be because he had gotten so used to Goro's detective prince image.

Thinking about it, Akira really didn't know anything about Goro's interests. For all he knew Goro could be totally into all this sorta stuff, though his expression proved otherwise. As discussed yesterday, the 4 of them had met up the following morning and Futaba at once had refused to tell them where they were going. That until it became painfully obvious once they had boarded a train heading to Akihabara.

"Yooo! they've got so much stuff in here! Can we go in? Pretty please with whipped cream on top?!" Futaba practically bounded over to them.
"Why're you asking us?" Goro frowned down at her eager expression distastefully, "we aren't babysitting you." Akira half expected Futaba to be angry at that comment or even sad, but instead she just smirked.
"True that! Right! Then I demand you guys to follow me into this store!" She said putting her finger up as though decreeing it.
"Lead on then." Akira said- though taken aback- with a ready smile which was returned tenfold by Futaba.

As soon as they entered the shop it was like a bomb of colour had exploded around them. There were collectables and plushes lining every single surface of the shop. Even the areas of wall that weren't caked with merchandise were a vibrant shade of red. He heard Goro make a soft, unimpressed clicking sound with his tongue.
"The display is atrocious." Goro muttered darkly. As much as Akira agreed, he was thankful Goro had the audacity to keep his voice low as to not let the workers or fellow customers hear. In his shock of walking into what Akira believed to be the site of some decoration disaster he had failed to notice Futaba slipping away into one of the many aisles of cases.

"Gone like the wind." Morgana shook his head, his face only just visible due to him receding into the depths of the bag upon entering the store.
"Not even so much as a goodbye." Akira sighed, wiping away a fake tear and giving a hearty sniff.  "So where do you usually begin looking in places like this?" He questioned, completely breaking the act and looking around again curiously. There was just too much to look at.
"Well they usually have dedicated areas to specific genres or shows so searching for those is usually a good place to start." Goro replied, looking up the aisle Futaba had just raced through. "Sakura obviously had the same idea judging by how fast she sped off."

Akira gaped at him, even Morgana peeked out of the bag to ogle at Goro.
"How do you know all that?" Morgana said in awe,
"Is it really that odd? Without order there's no way this place would be functional." There was something that made Akira not believe that sentence entirely, but he couldn't put his finger on what. Morgana must have been thinking similarly because he said a moment later,
"I guess, but the way you looked at this place when we entered made it seem like you've been here before. Or at least somewhere like this." Goro deadpanned, his eyes narrowing to slits as he stared at the cat.
"That's a preposterous accusation." Goro snapped, "anyway, weren't we going to have a look around? Standing idle in the entrance sounds stupid." He continued after a moment, his voice now a lot tamer and his criticisms becoming a whole lot more juvenile.

Akira smirked. He was clearly hiding something. Though pestering for it would only achieve angering Goro. It would come out naturally. He just knew it.
"Let's start with the aisles then." Akira grinned. He had to admit, he was quite excited to check out one of these stores. He hadn't had the chance yet as most of his trips had been spent in the arcade on a parallel street or going to tech joints with Futaba.