chapter six ❲part 2❳

the next day, seungwan announced as the leader of the camp that another supply raid will engage. she stands at a small platform just outside her personal tent, “the scavenger team will be split into two groups. one will go to the nearby mall to check for any pharmacy that might be available and the other will go around the city to double-check other stores that might possibly have supplies. everyone, please make sure to stay safe and fire the flare gun if there is any danger. follow the orders of the team leaders and don't separate from your designated group.”

joohyun had volunteered into joining the mall team. seulgi joined too, to protect joohyun. they met their group's leader, choi myungdae, quite a big man for an outgoing personality, “joohyun-ssi! seulgi-ssi! glad to know you're joining us. i hope you're prepared!” the tall man pats seulgi's back, making the half-zombie give out small coughs, “y-yes…”

the group was composed of eight: joohyun, seulgi, myungdae, jeongyeon, amber, johnny, jongin and lastly, seungyeon.

“why are we in the same group as him?” seulgi whispers in joohyun's ear with a hint of annoyance. she rolls her eyes when she met eye contact with seungyeon, who returns with a scowl.

“seul, it's fine. let's just stick together and hopefully he doesn't bother us.”

they ride a large open jeep myungdae owned. the quiet streets of seoul created an eerie atmosphere. they passed by a few zombies that were thankfully slow. joohyun was nervous, not because she was scared of possibly encountering a mob of zombie but because she was with multiple people, she wasn't that familiar with. it worried her that she might disappointment them. she wanted to help and not be a burden.

myungdae informed them beforehand that zombies were around the entrance, so they have to go to the desolated side of the mall and climb up the high walls and enter through the glass roof dome. joohyun was afraid of heights, she desperately wanted to refuse in climbing but didn't say since it would stall her members. did you know what seulgi suggested?

joohyun was clinging onto seulgi, her chest pressed against seulgi's, “you're really carrying her, bud. you're fucking strong.” myungdae says, looking down at the half-zombie carrying a petite woman below him. seulgi grips tightly on the rope, “hold on tight, pretty.” joohyun nods, her head buried in seulgi's neck, covering the view of the height they were already at.

seungyeon, who was below joohyun and seulgi, tightens his grasp on the rope, as he witnessed the so-called disgusting scene. he needed to get rid of that zombie as soon as possible and it would be by force, ‘you're just a pest. i know that you were outside my tent last night, corpse. i knew you were up to no good ever since you came.’

after they successfully got on the rooftop. amber peeped through the window along with jongin, inspecting the area before removing a glass that would give them an opening to head down with a rope. amber built strong support for the rope to hold as they head down and would go back up when they finished.

joohyun sighs with relief, she was sweating already. seulgi, beside her, gave her a bottle of water to drink which she gladly accepted, “alright, the pharmacy is just right there. me, joohyun, seulgi, jeongyeon and seungyeon will take care of this. amber, you and jeongin check the other stores in case there might be something useful.” myungdae orders before entering the pharmacy with joohyun and jeongyeon. seulgi and seungyeon were left outside to look out for any danger that could arrive.

“a zombie actually got into our camp. you're lucky that seungwan-ssi actually accepted you.” seungyeon says with a straight face, arms crossed, “and actually spreading your disease to joohyun-ssi? don't get too close to her, zom or else you'll end up eating her and she'll be just like yo—” he received a strong punch right on the cheek.