final chapter ❪part two❫

her eyes went wide, realizing the noise came from seulgi. the squeaks of the bed suggested there was movement. as soon as she turns to look, she was caught off guard by the sudden tightness around her neck. the cup she held drops down to the floor, shattering into pieces. her body became numb as to what was happening. her immobility was scaring her and the fact that a dark invisible aura surrounded seulgi. the raven-haired woman grits her teeth, the glaring cat eyes fixated on her hand that were wrapped around joohyun's delicate neck.

“s-seulgi-” joohyun chokes out while grasping seulgi's wrist, trying to separate her from the taller. she whimpers, tears running down her cheeks till it stained seulgi's hands. she saw how the ex-zombie's eyes were filled with rage and hatred as if it was reminding her that she had done something wrong to anger seulgi, “i-it's me j-joohyun.”

seulgi's abrupt rage calmed down once she heard the name. the grip around joohyun's neck loosens and she immediately hugs the older woman. joohyun, confused, was coughing, she clenched her chest and rested her chin on seulgi's shoulder, “i-i'm sorry. i-i don't know what came over me!” joohyun felt wetness on her shirt. seulgi was crying, feeling so sorry for hurting joohyun, “i-i'm fine, seulgi. g-god, i'm just glad you're back and alive.” joohyun whispers in seulgi's ear.

the monolid woman head perks up, “i-i died?” she questions the teary-eyed joohyun. a nod from joohyun confirms her question. seulgi stops, suddenly remembering everything. everything. everything that happened in her life, from the kidnapping to becoming a test subject to becoming an undead and here she was, alive yet frightening memories will haunt her forever, “bae wooseok..” she spots a portrait of joohyun's father with a little joohyun she recognizes so easily, hanging from a loose nail, “he's…”

“seul?”

“you're his daughter…”

“seulgi what's wrong--”

“you're his fucking daughter, joohyun!?”

another outrage came from seulgi again, face flushed red with anger. you couldn't blame seulgi. the truth hurt her more, joohyun, the woman she loves was the daughter of the man who ruined her life. ruined everything she was from the start, “c-calm down, please. t-tell me everything that's wrong seulgi!” “you being his daughter is wrong!” seulgi rests her forearm on wall, her forehead against it, “h-he ruined me.” seulgi's voice cracks, “i'm glad i-i was able to survive in the lab for almost a year and succesfully e-escaping it.”

“i could have been dead, thrown into a pile of other's or still be one of their pets. after escaping the lab, i tried to live a normal life even with the abnormality of my left eye which i decided to cover up always. everyday, my skin turns paler, my eye turns darker. after that i only stayed in my house that i shared with a kind woman. when the apocalypse started, i became one of them.”

joohyun stays mum while seulgi explained her story. her dad being involved with seulgi's past invaded her thoughts. she could only feel sorry for seulgi on behalf of her late father, “i'm sorry for what my dad did.” joohyun looks down, clenching her fists, feeling a bit of anger towards her father for taking part in such cruel act, “i-i didn't know he—”

seulgi captures joohyun in a hug. surprising the older woman by the bipolar attitude, “i shouldn't assume you're like him. i'm really sorry. it's just, i get really furious at the thought of him just..” seulgi sighs, cutting off her sentence. joohyun nods in understandment, hugging the taller back. they shared a few apologies resulting in repetitiveness and chuckles. seulgi peppers joohyun with kisses on her cheek, a thing she hasn't done that much as a zombie.

“i-i'm so happy.” joohyun whispers, closing her eyes to relish to moment of finally being surrounded by seulgi's own warmth,

“happy that i'm alive.”