final chapter ❪part one❫

if the timeskips seem to big. i'm sorry for that ;-;

if you find this last chapter to be lacking that's because i'm experiencing a thing called writer's block- just a bit tho.

loneliness scared joohyun. it always had. despite the fact that she always had people around her, she still felt blocked. she wasn't much of a talker either, so it was up to her friends to spark up her voice whenever they converse. she blamed herself for wanting to be alone even though she was scared. whenever she was invited to some sort of event, she would sit in the corner, waiting for someone. someone to talk to her.

the apocalypse took a toll of her fear even more. the streets of seoul were silent, no one was present. even if you did find a person, there would be a likely chance for them to be not trusted. everyone was selfish. she was left all alone to wander the desolate city.

and then seulgi found her. a very… unique zombie.

inside the airport was a bunch of zombies, limping around aimlessly. and one of them was seulgi, although she was quite different from them. she walked to her friend moonbyul who was sitting on a chair, asking her if she wanted to hunt down for food.

they search through the streets of the city, finding humans to feast on as their dinner. until they stumbled upon a gas station. seulgi smelled a faint smell of lavender from the building. the blood inside of the veins in her eyes pumping. there was a human nearby.

seulgi and several other zombies make their way to the gas station, barging through the glass doors and scanning their dead eyes around and over the empty shelves. seulgi's eyes landed on a particular door. the scent of a human was coming from that door. she turned to the zombies who were minding there own business. seulgi signalled moonbyul to lead the zombies out since this was going to be her meal and proceeded to head to the door.

just outside the slightly ajar door, seulgi heard heavy breathing. she licked her dry lips and grabbed the doorknob, pushing it in. and there she was, a brown-haired woman, dark eyes, holding her at gunpoint but something caught her attention even more. this woman has captured her zombie heart.

seulgi felt weak at that time. this human was a beauty. the human began to threaten her to step back and get away from her. seulgi sighed mentally thinking she shouldn't approach the human with this appearance but she did anyway. she understood every word the human woman said. sitting on the same ground the human sat on, she flashed a small apologetic smile.

“pr–pr—ee..ty.”

it was her first human like word. before, all she kept blabbering out of her mouth were random groans and grunts. this human made her want to talk. seulgi talks more, saying that she wasn't going to hurt the human. soon the human began to warm up more. the human woman named joohyun trusted her and she wants to keep it that way.

-

the camp went silent once joohyun arrived alone. she only brought herself in her worn out, blood covered clothes, hands clenched closed. the half-zombie who would always be beside her was not present. joohyun head was slightly tilted down, staring at the dirt ground where she tried to hide her pained expression. wide eyes with a blank mind. the trauma of seeing seulgi dying was engraved in her thoughts. joohyun kept a straight face when she walked to a worried seungwan.

but as soon as she lifted up her head, tears spilled down her cheeks and a pair of arms wrapped around her. the two youngest just watched grieving for joohyun's loss. although they were not quite close with seulgi, they still felt bad. the effect of seulgi's death affected joohyun greatly and they saw that. both of them have experienced their difference by each other's side and for one to be gone was emotional.