Prologue-Adoption

'The Schnee dust company was as of late, under fire. Not literally of course, the public just seemed to currently despise the family'

'The head of the Company had made quite a few decisions that didnt sit well with the public, mainly using faunus workers as free labor'

'So currently the head of the household, Jacques Schnee, is trying to find a way to repair the company's reputation'

'It wasnt because he cared about the faunus, no he made it very clear he didnt. He simply wanted the sales and stocks to go back up for the company'

'Jacques has always been a business man, he never even really held a sense of care towards his own blood, unless it was beneficial for himself that is'

'However Jacques believes he had come up with a way to gain the public's attention in a more positive manner now'

'Lately Weiss and her brother have been at eachothers throats. Perhaps this could kill two birds with one stone'

'Weiss had only recently turned nine years old, her younger brother still seemed to be quite the topic of annoyance for her'

'Despite her father's opinion Weiss was determined to go to Beacon academy, not the Atlesian academy, which of course Jaucques was less than pleased about'

'Willow however despite her disdain for her husband, was wanting another child, but she also knew she wouldnt be able to convince her husband to have another'

'Willow had gone down to one of the more well funded orphanages, locally of course. she had never told Jacques but she would quite often visit these orphanages, she would donate quite often aswell'  

'Willow would often disguise herself as to not draw attention to herself, however today Willow wasn't planning on visiting, nor just donating'

'Willow. was going there to adopt. while she cared for her children, as dysfunctional and uncooperative as they were. she still wanted to at least have one child that wasn't a cold and calculating manipulator, such as Whitley was, nor one that was overly insensitive. such as Weiss and Winter'

'Willow had made sure to make as much of an uproar as possible when arriving at the Orphanage, she had put on her best looking clothing, she had done her make up a little more carefully, and of course she had her Limousine drive her directly to said Orphanage'

 'Upon walking into the Orphanage everyone who happened to be working at the time froze, likely having an internal panic attack'  

'Once Willow makes her way up to the front desk the owner of the orphanage seems to snap out of her daze, clearly nervous'

"M-Miss Schnee! how may I help you?" 'The owner asks with a light nervous tone in her voice as she adjusts her glasses'

Willow: "Actually, I am here to adopt" 'Willow says with a light smile, a look of utter shock crossing the owner's face'

"O-Oh! of course! I'll go get the children ready to meet you" 'The owner says standing herself up, briefly dusting herself off before leaving the room'

'Willow waits patiently, clasping her hands together. she was certain that her husband was going to be furious about this. but she was done asking him for permission for anything quite some time ago'

'After a few moments the owner comes back out, briefly fixing her hair'

"They're ready for you Miss Schnee" 'The Owner says with a content sigh, gesturing for Willow to walk into the adjacent room'

'With a Polite nod Willow walks into the room, hearing the small group of Children whispering amongst themselves before they all go quiet, having noticed Willow'

'Willow simply smiles softly as she looks over each child, introducing herself to a few, trying to learn some about them'

'Each Child seems rather excitable. likely trying their best to gain her favor, however Willow didn't quite seem to connect with any of them thus far'

'However eventually one child catches her attention. not due to them being smart, or polite. but because of how quiet they were compared to the other Children'

'This particular Child was standing in line, like the others, however he seemed a lot more apprehensive to be doing so. he had shaggy brown hair that was in desperate need of a hair cut. He was wearing a relatively well kept dress shirt with a pair of dusty black pants. however the thing that stuck out to Willow the most was the Child's eyes'

'His eyes had an unnatural goldish yellow color to them, looking as if they had been made out of gold itself, or pyrite at the least. yet his eyes seemed to be dull, with a set of tired lines visible under them'

'Willow then stopped infront of the Child, sitting herself down onto her knee's, catching the Child's attention, causing him to look downward under her gaze'

Willow: "What's your name sweetheart?" 'Willow asks softly causing the boy to shyly look down further'

"M-My name is Batair Ma'am" 'The boy says quietly, a very light Scottish accent in his voice'

'Willow's smile softens lightly before gently tilting her head in thought'

Willow: "How old are you Batair?" 'Willow asks curiously, causing Batair to briefly look up to her'

"Six years old" 'Batair says quietly, tilting his head slightly'

'Willow lets out a light hum as she looks at Batair's eyes, a thought coming across her mind'

Willow: "Batair, would you happen to be a Faunus?" 'Willow asks curiously, causing Batair's shoulders to slump slightly'

"No Ma'am, but lots of people have asked me" 'Batair informs earning a light hum from Willow'

'Willow sits in thought for a moment, briefly looking over the other children sitting in line before turning to Batair, a soft smile on her face'

Willow: "Batair, would you like to be a part of my family?" 'Willow asks causing a look of slight look of hope to cross his face'

"I-I wouldn't want to be a bother..." 'Batair says half heartedly, earning a light chuckle from Willow'

Willow: "Nonsense, you will have two older sisters who will absolutely adore you. they've always wanted another sibling" 'Willow says reassuringly'

'After a moment of silence Batair nods in agreement, his eyes beginning to water'

'Willow simply smiles, bringing the young Child into a soft hug. she could only hope he gets along with Weiss, for both of their sakes'

*To Be Continued*